ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Tier 1 Today - Need suggestion on small doubt reg travel

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

betogether

Got Tier 1 Today - Need suggestion on small doubt reg travel

Post by betogether » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi All,

I am very please to share that I have received my Tier 1 stamped today together with my wife.
I have applied from Norway and received the passport today.

I am really thank full to everyone on this excellent forum.

A very special Thanks goes to Aruni as he suggested me the complicated logic of Uplift Ratio.

Is there any issue if my wife travels to India first and then come to UK in January directly from India? (Visa is issued from Norway)

I personally have plan to travel to UK on 21st of December directly from Norway.
Is it OK if I also go for 3 weeks of vacation around 25 December after staying 2 days (as its Christmas time) and then come back and start the search of job?

Please suggest with your valuable inputs.

Once again a big Thanks to everyone.

I will also write a post my application very soon.

Regards
Be Together

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Congrats mate. Yes, your wife can go to india and travel from there directly. I dont see any issues with you coming here and then taking a vacation.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:56 pm

My only suggestion would be that when you fill in the arrival form and it asks how long are going to stay, it might be good to write "resident" rather than 2 days. If you write 2 days maybe they will think it is a holiday and there will be lots of questions.

betogether

Post by betogether » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi,

Thanks allot, I will do as you suggested :)

Regards
Betogether