ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

They’re going to deport me. I don’t know what to do.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Showmesun
Newly Registered

They’re going to deport me. I don’t know what to do.

Post by Showmesun » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:43 pm

My greetings. Unfortunately, I’m here to tell you about rather difficult situation I found myself this Monday, cause actually I don’t know what else should I do with it now, except posting about it in this forum.
In fact, I’m Georgian born myself, but four years ago under certain circumstances I had to immigrate to Bruges, Belgium, and to take here all my family from Georgia as well. Four years ago in Zugdidi, Georgia, I had everything – big house, nice German car and little but prosperous gas fitting company. But I had all of it there until I have refused to pay openly extortionate taxes to our Georgian authorities, which they’d imposed then on all small-scale businesses. After I’ve refused to pay, my business has suffered serious prosecutions on behalf of our local Zugdidi’s authorities, all the more they’ve started to threaten all members of my family and even have laid a criminal case against me, accusing of illegal entrepreneurial activity. Then I simply had no other way but to leave Georgia while the going was good. My good friends from Europe helped me to complete all the necessary documents, helped me in search of lodging in Bruges and even gave me some money for a start. Well, for those four years of my living here in Bruges I’ve been living my quite calm life - have been working as a van driver for a little carrier company. But this Monday in my mailbox I found a letter – actually it is a kind of notification according to which I was recognized as an illegal immigrant and now I’m to be deported back to Georgia. On Tuesday I visited our local office of State Secretary for immigration and Asylum of Belgium, tried to receive any kind of explanations about the reasons of my probable deportation but failed to get it from them. After it I called to a good Georgian friend of mine, who is a representative of Georgian Diaspora here in Bruges but he also said me that he can’t anyhow help me and added that there is every likelihood that they’ll deport me indeed. Particularly, he told me that now Saakashvili’s regime is in contacts with the European migration services - the last practically now work under the direct orientations of the Georgian special services. At least now I know for what exact reason they’re going to deport me and all my family.... And you know it is really pity to feel this absolute defenselessness even here in Europe, where I hoped to cover my family from the prosecutions on behalf of the Georgian authorities. Really don’t know what to do now... As you understand, I simply can’t go back to Georgia.

taiwanluthiers
Newly Registered

Re: They’re going to deport me. I don’t know what to do.

Post by taiwanluthiers » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:58 am

Is it possible to become a refugee to protect yourself from deportation? It looks like you would get persecuted in your home country.

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:27 pm

<original post deleted>

Traveler33
Newly Registered

Post by Traveler33 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:06 pm

I think this situation is too important to just ask in a forum. Talking to a Belgian lawyer who specializes in that area of law might be a good idea. It may be possible for the lawyer to file for appeals and in the meantime you remain in Belgium. Depending on how backed up the court system is, it might take months or years before you are finally deported, or in the meantime there might have been changes either in Belgian law or the situation in Georgia.