ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Identity Card for Foriegn Nationals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rigstud

Identity Card for Foriegn Nationals

Post by rigstud » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi All...

Just wondering if someone could tell me if;

When applying for ILR (Form SET 'M'), do I need to apply for the ICFN card and do biometrics before submitting my application for ILR?

I have read the relevent pages on the UK border Agency website and it says that I need to apply for an ICFN but I cant work out if I need to it before or after submitting my ILR application.

Any info with regards to my query will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:21 pm

The UKBA would write you a letter of appointment for biometrics after you submit your application.
Live and let live

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:35 pm

HRY...I don't believe biometrics + ID card have been introduced for SET(M).
This applies to FLR(M)....or have I missed something in the new form?

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:47 pm

I have read the relevent pages on the UK border Agency website and it says that I need to apply for an ICFN but I cant work out if I need to it before or after submitting my ILR application.
Thanks Casa, I was actually responding to the above comment, not even thinking it was SET(M).

Thanks.
Live and let live

rigstud

Identity Card for Foriegn Nationals & Biometrics

Post by rigstud » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:36 pm

Thank you all for responding to my post.

The only reason why I am asking is because on application form SET M, section 9 on page 13 it ask's for Biometrics Residence Permit if issued.

I just wondered is I had missed out on something after I entered the country on my "Spouse Visa".

I guess when I put my application (form set M) in they will probably ask me to do one then if it is mandatory.

If anyone knows better please feel free to comment on the above.

Thanks.

rigstud

Identity Card for Foriegn Nationals & Biometrics

Post by rigstud » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Thank you all for responding to my post.

The only reason why I am asking is because on application form SET M, section 9 on page 13 it ask's for Biometrics Residence Permit if issued.

I just wondered is I had missed out on something after I entered the country on my "Spouse Visa".

I guess when I put my application (form set M) in they will probably ask me to do one then if it is mandatory.

If anyone knows better please feel free to comment on the above.

Thanks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:01 pm

'Biometrics Residence Permit if issued.' refers to those who may have previously applied for FLR(M)...and may therefore have a residence permit instead of a vignette in their passport (depending on when FLR was issued).
SET(M) applications don't require Biometrics at present.