ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of study and proof of English

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mm11

Proof of study and proof of English

Post by mm11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:06 am

Dear forum members,

I am planning to apply for Tier-1 (General) soon. Can anyone help me clear any of these doubts?

1.) My degree & university are in the points based calculator. Do I still need a proof that study was in English? If yes, then, is a confirmation certificate from university stating ‘all subjects were taught in English’ enough or some other proof is needed?

2.) The document as proof of study that I have has written on it ‘English version of the original degree in Hindi’. This is what I had received from my University when I had gone to University to get my engineering degree certificate. They told that I’d get the original degree written in hindi after few years. Question: Is what I have enough as proof of study?

3.) Is transcript of degree necessary? I don’t have it. To be frank I don’t yet know what is a transcript.

Many thanks for your advice.

kutlee

Post by kutlee » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:24 am

Your university and course should be listed on the PBC and should AWARD points for English under claiming points for English. simply selecting and assuming points can create problems. Check whether you can get points for english for your course on PBC. Certificate from university showing that degree was taught in english is of no use without a degree certificate.
Presenting new degree certificate in hindi will make matters worse.
If you don't understand transcript, please visit university and they can tell you what it is.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:36 am

If the original degree was issued in Hindi it would normally mean that the degree was taught in Hindi (the language of the original degree is usually the language of tuition).

Was your degree actually taught in English? Remember, even if the calculator awards you points, you can only claim it if the degree was actually taught in English as the calculator assumed it's an English taught degree.

mm11

Post by mm11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:56 am

mulderpf wrote:If the original degree was issued in Hindi it would normally mean that the degree was taught in Hindi (the language of the original degree is usually the language of tuition).

Was your degree actually taught in English? Remember, even if the calculator awards you points, you can only claim it if the degree was actually taught in English as the calculator assumed it's an English taught degree.
Hi,

Thanks for yoru reply.

Yes the degree was taught in English. It is the tradition of my University to give degree in Hindi, but as I said, the degree written in hindi is not available yet. Do you think that this 'English version of the degree in Hindi' is effective for submitting with the Tier-1 application?

Can you also possibly tell me whether a transcript is necessary?

My university and course are listed on the PBC and PBC does award me points for english under claiming points for English. In such situation, is still a proof of English needed? I did get a certificate from my institute recently which states that the study of degree course was in English.

Thanks

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:59 am

Transcript is not required, only original degree.

If your degree was taught in English then all should be fine.