ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Feedback on Immigration Consultants

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Purvi
Newly Registered

Feedback on Immigration Consultants

Post by Purvi » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi Everyone,
This is a very informative forum. Going through the posts, I realized how many people out there apply on their own with help from here. This is really great. I am trying to decide the best way for myself though.

Is there any place/ topic where I can find review and feedback on immigration consultants? I am looking to hear from someone who has used the services of a consultant in Mumbai for Tier 1 General visa for UK. Who are the best ones here? Couple of firms I came across appear to be very confident and insist that if they are accepting your case (after being satisfied with your points), they are sure to get your visa approved. Any thoughts?

Have any of you come across BBC Migration Consultants in Mumbai? Whats your experience with them?

Thanks a lot,
Purvi

NRajkumar
Newly Registered

Post by NRajkumar » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi Purvi,
I am not sure on how Immigration Consultants can promise approval(unless there is nexus).

As of my understanding, all that the Immigration Consultants can do is to help/assist you in preparing the application with all the documents, checking and double checking the same, and get your application in order. (This can be crucial for someone who has less time to get the document done or check them, buy researching on one's own. )

After the application is put in order and submitted, I believe it is the same for everyone (be it submitted through a consultant or submitting it directly)

Please correct me if my understanding is different.

Thanks and Regards,
Raj

kutlee

agencies are waste of money!!

Post by kutlee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:24 am

I don't know about the imm agency you are talking about. But i have met another one and they have branches all over India and in the UK. they charge a bomb. for that money, they actually do nothing. you should be sure of what docs are needed and what proof you are providing. As far as i have seen, they talk nice and that's the end of it. UK visa application is one of the simplest in the world. Go ahead do some research and apply yourself. Good luck. most of your questions are answered here.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:33 am

I have had an immigration agent (thank goodness I didn't pay them), advise me to wait until January to submit my application as the limit for December was reached already.

Now, I think anyone on here can agree that advice is completely incorrect and would in fact simply cause an even bigger delay and potentially result in my not getting a visa at all.

This guy has been doing this for probably 10 years and even worked at immigration and now owns his own agency, but couldn't get that one thing right. I'm not saying all agencies would dispense incorrect advice, but in my view you should only seek help (from a solicitor, not an agent) if you have a complicated case (convictions or something more difficult than the day to day stuff).

kutlee

Post by kutlee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:22 pm

i simply cannot understand the point of these consultants with their half cooked knowledge. whatever it is don't visit 'x-axis'. their consultant for tier-1 UK is in hyd (i am in Blore). probably he is running his own firm now and these people are sending papers to him for verification.

Zebrudaya

Post by Zebrudaya » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Dear friends,

I quite agree with what most of you said. Most of these consultants don`t provide any greater advice than you can obtain from this forum etc. I think a solicitor versed in immigration matters is required for cases like appeal and other complicated cases. I once consulted one of these charlatans and he disappeared with my old passport ( his office is now always locked and he never gets back to me even when I dropped a letter through his mailbox! )

Purvi
Newly Registered

Post by Purvi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:59 am

Mulderpf, it will be really helpful if you can mention the name of the consultant you are referring to? Was he in Mumbai?
I have picked one consultant and going with him as I think the time is too short to all the research on my own. Especially when I have hundreds of doubts on each document.

Zebrudaya.. was your consultant in UK or India?

Can anyone else give any feedback on the name I mentioned?

Thanks a lot.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:08 pm

I would prefer not to - he is not in Mumbai and operates in the UK (it's an acquaintance of mine, so I didn't approach him in a professional capacity - even though he wanted to take on my case as such - for a hefty fee I might add!!).

Purvi, it really is not difficult doing it on your own.

Start off with the points calculator and work your way from there - give yourself a few days and see if you still feel the same. The UK visa application is very straight-forward and all the information is available for you. It's really not very complicated as long as you just make sure you satisfy each and every rule (there are only a few aspects that you have to prove and you're in: age, earnings, qualification, English ability & maintenance funds). Maybe I am over-simplifying it, but all I'm saying is that no immigration consultant will have more information available than what you have access to.

neosumit

Re: Feedback on Immigration Consultants

Post by neosumit » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Purvi wrote:Hi Everyone,
This is a very informative forum. Going through the posts, I realized how many people out there apply on their own with help from here. This is really great. I am trying to decide the best way for myself though.

Is there any place/ topic where I can find review and feedback on immigration consultants? I am looking to hear from someone who has used the services of a consultant in Mumbai for Tier 1 General visa for UK. Who are the best ones here? Couple of firms I came across appear to be very confident and insist that if they are accepting your case (after being satisfied with your points), they are sure to get your visa approved. Any thoughts?

Have any of you come across BBC Migration Consultants in Mumbai? Whats your experience with them?

Thanks a lot,
Purvi
BBC Migration Consultants are the worst in the business in Mumbai. :evil:

They provided me all incorrect information about the PBS.

According to them, I needed to get a letter from the Unversity to claim that my education was in English language which is incorrect.

According to them, I needed to show 2800+1600 in my personal bank account (as I am married), although I was just applying for myself, which again is incorrect.

According to them, I needed to show the bank account only in my name and not any joint account with my parents which is again incorrect.

They are the worst!!!!

I wanted to provide this feedback somewhere but now you provided me the chance and you've got it!
Thanks,
Sumit.

Purvi
Newly Registered

Post by Purvi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:35 pm

oh Sumit! this is so surprising.
But when was this? And did you get your tier 1 through them or not? Who were you dealing with (person)?

I had a detailed discussion with them and they did not ask for any of the things you mentioned. I double checked everything they have asked for and all is as per the guidelines.

But now I am really worried!! Hope no surprises coming my way..

Zebrudaya

Post by Zebrudaya » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Dear Purvi

Thank you for your reply. The fake consultant I was referring to was in the UK. Goodluck with your application.

Purvi
Newly Registered

Post by Purvi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi everyone
Just thought I would share with you I got my tier 1 visa couple of days back. I had applied in Dec just before it closed down.
Eventually, due to lack of time I did end up going with BBC Migration. Submitted the docs to them as advised and it was smooth sailing after that. Application got prepared and submitted on time as promised. No issues whatsoever!