ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 documents - need confirmation - applying on Monday

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vp77

Tier 1 documents - need confirmation - applying on Monday

Post by vp77 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:39 am

Dear Seniors,

Pls assist and confirm the validity of the supporting documents as below for Tier-1 visa general category. I am applying on Monday.

Below is the list of supporting docs :

1 ) Age – 33yrs – 10 points -Current valid original passport

2) Qualification – Bachelor Degree– 30 points -Original certificate of award of the qualification.

3 ) Previous Earnings – 40 points

Stamped and signed payslips from employer from Nov 2009 to Oct 2010 alongwith letter from employer confirming the authenticity of the payslips dtd 30th Nov 2010

Personal Bank Statement showing each net salary payments from Nov 2009 to Oct 2010. Bank statement is dated from 1 Oct 2009 to 29 Nov 2010

Letter from bank confirming the above acct as salary acct dtd 14th December 2010

Company appointment letter

4 ) English Language Assessment– 10 points - Original certificate of award

5) Maintenance funds – 10 points

Personal Bank statement from 2 bank accts :
HDFC bank from 1 September 2010 to 7 December 2010
ICICI bank from 1 September 2010 to 7 December 2010

Bank Of India Passbook (joint acct with father) from 1 September 2010 to 7 December 2010 (The last transaction in the passbook is dtd 1 Dec 2010, no transactions after this date)

Letter from each of the above banks confirming the minimum balance from 1st September 2010 to 7th December 2010. All letter are dtd after 7 December 2010.

1 Fixed deposit (jointly held with wife) from IndusInd Bank with a letter from bank confirming the funds from 1 September 2010 to 7 December 2010 and also that they are encashable immediately or can be liquidated at any time on demand

The minimum balance from the above 3 bank accts and FD from 1 Sep 2010 to 7th Dec 2010 amounts to Rs.2,30,000 = GBP 3000 @ 74.

6 ) Marriage Certificate

7 ) Print-out of Self Assessment – Points Based Calculator summary print-out

8 ) Print-out of Oanda conversion rate

Suggest in case of any discrepancy or change required.

ajitpahuja
Newly Registered

Post by ajitpahuja » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:45 pm

I think that should be sufficient. But just make sure you have a cover letter attached.

Since you are having many bank statements, it would be a good idea that you clip all the Maintainence funds statements in 1 bunch and the Salary Account Statement along with the Employer Letter in another bunch including your Salary Slips too.

This would make him go through the case in a streamlined way.

May I know where are you applying from. Also, since I would be applying in the next week, just wanted to inquire how early should I book the appointment so that I can get it somewhere mid next week.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ajit

vp77

Post by vp77 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi ajitpahuja,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Dear Seniors / Moderators,

I would also request any of the senior / moderator to check this for me basis their vast experience and expertise & pin-point any probable issue if any.

Please....

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:23 am

Your application looks great. I would not even have included company appointment letter and I also wouldn't suggest using a cover letter unless as you have something unusual in your case (case workers check the application form and documents for everything - they do this every day - by adding a cover letter, as much comfort as it might give you, it just slows things down as everything you could possible put in a cover letter is already contained in the application form). However that's just my opinion. Also, the OANDA print-out is redundant (unless you are right on the border), but that's also just my opinion.

As long as everything you are providing are geniune, you should have little to worry about.

Good luck with your application!!!

kutlee

Post by kutlee » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:04 am

points 7 and 8 not needed. don't add more documents. will make it difficult for verification. max you put one page cover letter. the best sample for cover letter on this forum runs into pages!!
make sure your bunch of bank statements for maintenance are in the order and don't get mixed with bank statements for previous earnings.

HDFC, ICICI and Bank of India statements make sure they all end on same date. since 90 days is calculated from end of statement backwards. IF one bank is having a different end date, then it will end up creating problems. Better get a statement sheet for Bank of India rather than a passbook since statement printouts will clearly show the start and end dates. be careful on this. rest looks well enough!!

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:40 am

As pointed by mulderpf, no need to include oanda data in your application.

As a caseworker he would anyways check his own source and adjudicate.

In case you want add a 1 page coverletter.

Now since you have so many bank statements (I used 3 bank statements), you might want to add small colour stickers to each of these with a tag of 'maintenance proof' so that it is not missed by the caseworker. I did not do it, but I think most professional consultants do it and somehow caseworkers have got used to it. This is my own opinion though!

You can add small stickers for all the docs (bank statements, payslips etc.), which are like indexes and work well if one needs to go through only specific documents.
Thanks,
Sumit.

vp77

Post by vp77 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Thank you mulderpf, kutlee and neosumit for your valuable feedback. It will really help me.

The point raised by kutlee was lingering in my mind also and am concerned over there.
[Better get a statement sheet for Bank of India rather than a passbook since statement printouts will clearly show the start and end dates. ]

But problem here is - I can get a statement from Bank of India for the same “Fromâ€

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:59 am

Rather just stick to the passbook. I can't see why that would not be sufficient.

vp77

Post by vp77 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Also, I have got a letter from Bank of India (passbook one) confirming the minimum funds from 1st Sep 2010 to 7 Sep 2010.

Hope this will help in addition to the passbook and help me sail through on the maintenance funds requirement.

One more question - what is the date that the ECO will consider to convert my funds in INR to GBP? Any date between the 90 day period or the date of application?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:35 pm

vp77 wrote:One more question - what is the date that the ECO will consider to convert my funds in INR to GBP? Any date between the 90 day period or the date of application?
They will use the date of application.

Anversha
Newly Registered

All the best

Post by Anversha » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:44 am

All the best for your visa.

If you dont mind can yuou share the format of letter from employer confirming the authenticity of the payslips dtd 30th Nov 2010

format of Letter from bank confirming the above acct as salary acct dtd 14th December 2010