ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed / Please Respond

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aisha12
Newly Registered

Help Needed / Please Respond

Post by aisha12 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:35 pm

hey guys,

I need your help and support my partner is a failed asylum seeker we have been together for two years and we have a child together. I am a british citizen so is the child. We have handed in to his case worker new evidence such as:

Photocopy of my passport and child's

Child's birth certificate

Pictures of us together

I wanted to know on what grounds did the lawyer plan on appeling on as I did not ask at the time because i was so nervous that we might get another rejection.

Please can anyone help me with these as I have posted before to no response. :cry:

Tahir Bashir

Re: Help Needed / Please Respond

Post by Tahir Bashir » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:02 am

aisha12 wrote:hey guys,

I need your help and support my partner is a failed asylum seeker we have been together for two years and we have a child together. I am a british citizen so is the child. We have handed in to his case worker new evidence such as:

Photocopy of my passport and child's

Child's birth certificate

Pictures of us together

I wanted to know on what grounds did the lawyer plan on appeling on as I did not ask at the time because i was so nervous that we might get another rejection.

Please can anyone help me with these as I have posted before to no response. :cry:
When did your partner applied for asylum? His case may be Legacy.

aisha12
Newly Registered

Post by aisha12 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:06 am

he applied for asylum in 2007

Tahir Bashir

Post by Tahir Bashir » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:25 am

aisha12 wrote:he applied for asylum in 2007
In which month in 2007?

vinny

Re: Help Needed / Please Respond

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:32 am

aisha12 wrote:I wanted to know on what grounds did the lawyer plan on appeling on as I did not ask at the time because i was so nervous that we might get another rejection.
Probably Article 8.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aisha12
Newly Registered

Post by aisha12 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:50 pm

the month was december 2007.. so u think that would be a legacy case as 3 yrs may not be long enough to qualify or is there a minimun number of yrs to be considered to be a legacy case?

maybe it is Article 8 because the lawyer said that once you establish a family in the UK it gives more grounds to remain in the UK.

Thanks for the help vinny and Tahir

mrsahmed

Post by mrsahmed » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:11 pm

We was in the same situation as yourselves, we appealled which was refused and it was said that my husband should go back to his country and apply from there on the grounds of our marriage and children. This is the route we took and he returned and the case was dealt with in 3 months.

aisha12
Newly Registered

Post by aisha12 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Thanks mrs Ahmed for the reply but my partner cannot go back to his country of origin which is Somalia it is s a very dangerous place at the moment.
I was wondering what kind of stance the UKBA have on people origin from Somalia. I've read during my Google search that UKBA does not return Failed Asylum Seekers from the following countries:

Somalia

Eritrea

Zimbabwe

So wondering if the UKBA would tell my husband to leave the country and apply from Ethiopia or Kenya British Emabassies

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:05 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

aisha12
Newly Registered

Post by aisha12 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks for the article Vinny but I am still confused if they would ask my partner to leave the country and apply for a visa back home

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:42 am

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:05 am

Are you married to the asylum seeker?

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:02 pm

If the HO is not able to return him to Somalia, I think you might have your way on article 8 but it's a long road love, as Vinny already warned, you'll have to be patient.

I doubt if the HO would asked him to go to Ethiopia or Kenya, as he's not a citizen/resident of any of those countries
Live and let live

aisha12
Newly Registered

Post by aisha12 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:33 pm

Thnx for da help guys I might sound unpatient because I've handed all da evidence in June nothing frm ho yet and it's like your spending your whole life waiting for letter. We are married Islamicly but it's not recognised by da ho. Thnks for da advice I'll b more patient frm nw on

Brown212

Post by Brown212 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:14 pm

aisha12 wrote:Thnx for da help guys I might sound unpatient because I've handed all da evidence in June nothing frm ho yet and it's like your spending your whole life waiting for letter. We are married Islamicly but it's not recognised by da ho. Thnks for da advice I'll b more patient frm nw on
If your partner did not commit any crime that will outweigh his human right consideration he will be fine you just have to be patient.

mrsahmed

Post by mrsahmed » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:56 pm

If you handed in documents in June then that is no time at all, start wondering if you havent heard anything by June next year. The Home Office like to take their time! Especially with cases like this, they can really be dragged out.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:00 pm

mrsahmed wrote:If you handed in documents in June then that is no time at all, start wondering if you havent heard anything by June next year. The Home Office like to take their time! Especially with cases like this, they can really be dragged out.
Yes you will be put aat the bottom of the queue.All those who have status will be processed first