ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Required for travel to UK first time with TIER 1

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vaibhavsharma27
Newly Registered

Documents Required for travel to UK first time with TIER 1

Post by vaibhavsharma27 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:21 pm

I have TIER 1 VISA and planning to go on 30th December 2010.

Can you please suggest me which documents I need to carry.

1. Do I need any type of health insurance and policy ?
2. May I need to carry reports for any diseases like TB.

I am carrying my passport with VISA,1 week hotel accommodation receipt, Forex card .

Please let me know if I missed anything.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:12 pm

You dont need any insurance as far as immigration is concerned, but it is advisable to have a private insurance for 1-2 months, till you settle down and register with NHS.

You definately need an Xray of the chest and a report from a doctor that you dont have TB (based on the xray).

It is best to carry all th e documents you submitted for your visa, though chances of this being asked is very less.

good luck
Vikram

simic

Post by simic » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Just flew in yesterday - wasnt asked any documents - was just asked where we work, for which we said we dont have a job offer but have interviews lined up. We were asked to go through health control, we didnt have chest Xrays and werent asked for it either.
Just be confident and you will be fine - good luck!