ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Christmas Leave in UKBA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mensacorp
Newly Registered

Christmas Leave in UKBA

Post by mensacorp » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:14 am

I got a auto-message from Richard Jacksons email address regarding he is going to be away untill Jan 4th.

<Richard.Jackson@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>
to xxxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com>

dateFri, Dec 24, 2010 at 9:59 AM
subjectOut of Office AutoReply: Regarding Tier 1 (G) and Christmas Leave

hide details 9:59 AM (11 minutes ago)

Thank you for your e-mail. I am out of the office until Tuesday 4th January. I will read your e-mail on my return.

If you have a query about the recent changes in Immigration Rules published on 21 December (HC 698), please refer to the following Frequently Asked Questions:

Q - Will Tier 1 (General) applications submitted before 23 December be considered?
A - Yes. These applications will be considered under the old rules and will not be affected by the limit.

Q - Will these applications be delayed due to a monthly limit?
A - No. Applications submitted before 23 December will be processed as quickly as possible. You can find out current processing times from our Visa Services website at www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes.

Q - Will Tier 1 (General) migrants be able to apply for extensions after 5 April?
A - There will be transitional arrangements for existing Tier 1 (General) migrants. Details of these arrangements will be published on our website early in 2011.

Q - Can my dependants still apply?
A - Yes. There are no changes to applications from dependants. Dependants can continue to apply from either inside or outside the UK.

Q - What do the new Tier 2 interim limits mean?
A - The Rules changes reinstate the policy that was in place before the Divisional Court judgement of 17 December 2010. Please contact the Sponsor Licensing Unit if you require more information.

Please direct any general enquiries relating to the Points-Based System to one of the following e-mail addresses:

Interim limits for Tier 2 Sponsors - limts@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Other Sponsorship issues - sponsorshipPBSenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Migrant applications - UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Current policy issues - EFMcorrespondence@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

I will respond to other e-mails on my return.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Many thanks,
Richard

Richard Jackson
Immigration Policy
UK Border Agency

Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to.

This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

So does it mean they are going to start issuing visas after 4 th of January?

ParanoidAndroid
Newly Registered

Re: Christmas Leave in UKBA

Post by ParanoidAndroid » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:25 am

mensacorp wrote: So does it mean they are going to start issuing visas after 4 th of January?
Mr Jackson's auto-response would lead me to believe that visa issuing will be resumed immediately. This would be wonderful news, except that the following announcement is pretty clear that they will only be resuming in January:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -t1-closed

The text I am drawing your attention to is:

However, we have already announced that we will not decide any more Tier 1 (General) applications made overseas until January 2011.

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:26 am

i agree that they will start issuing visa after 4th of January

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:41 am

"Tier 1 (General) will remain open to applicants who are already in the UK until 5 April 2011. There will be transitional arrangements for some in-country applicants beyond 6 April 2011, and we will announce details of these in due course".

Contrary to what most people concluded about the meaning of the trasitional arrangement for some applicant after 6 april 2011, what it actually meant is that there will be extension for those already on Tier1 G as extension and dependant applications are still under the old Tier1 G, only it becomes transitional. The old rules will still apply for those that applied before april 2011 but there will not be an initial Tier1G application for new applicant both within and outside of the Uk..... thats how I see it.

talentedWE

Post by talentedWE » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:02 am

I think in transistional arrangement they can only increase the point or make scrutiny of application more strict.

I will be safe in both cases. I actually showed 20 points for earning during my initial application, education being 35 and age being 20.

If they increase earning point...i can show 35 today so i will be in safe situation.

Any thoughts?