ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Set Protection Route Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Asm-10
Newly Registered

Post by Asm-10 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:07 am

HI,

I am unaware of the period of time it takes when applying for the Limited Leave to Remain form. I had applied and filled inn the Set Protection Route form back in November last year and i still haven't got anything back. Neither have i received any letters from UKBA regarding this. I was granted 5 years leave and when it expired i applied for this along with my family and children whom joined me in October 2006. If anyone has any advice could they please help me on this issue.

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:56 pm

hi, did you hear anything from Home office? i have a friend who will apply next month. it says in the website that u will receive acknowledge letter within 7 days.
when u send in photos, did u cut them into individual photo of 35 mm x 45 mm? it is a bit confusing.

Asm-10
Newly Registered

Post by Asm-10 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:55 am

sunning27 wrote:hi, did you hear anything from Home office? i have a friend who will apply next month. it says in the website that u will receive acknowledge letter within 7 days.
when u send in photos, did u cut them into individual photo of 35 mm x 45 mm? it is a bit confusing.
Hi today i received a letter from home office telling me that the aplication waS received on november 24th and that i may work for the period of waiting for my application to be processed. The photos do not need to be cut i dont know about the size of the photos but when you go to the studio to get the photo done just say that you want a british passport photo and they should know what to do

sunning27
Newly Registered

did you get reply

Post by sunning27 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi,

my friend sent out her application yesterday. Did you hear anything from home office re your application u sent in Nov last year? Were all your family member granted ILR?

fais11
Newly Registered

Have u got ur ILR?

Post by fais11 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:12 am

I have just submitted mine abt 5 weeks ago. But didn't received any confirmation letter same with one of my other friend he didn't get any conformation letter either and it's been 9 weeks for him. So just wodering if u can kindly advise us how long did it take for u in the end to get ILR? Thanks in advance.

fais11
Newly Registered

Need ur kind advise.

Post by fais11 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:14 am

Asm-10 wrote:
sunning27 wrote:hi, did you hear anything from Home office? i have a friend who will apply next month. it says in the website that u will receive acknowledge letter within 7 days.
Hi today i received a letter from home office telling me that the aplication waS received on november 24th and that i may work for the period of waiting for my application to be processed. The photos do not need to be cut i dont know about the size of the photos but when you go to the studio to get the photo done just say that you want a british passport photo and they should know what to do
Hello! hope u got ur ILR by now. Could you plz advise us how long it took in the end? I have submitted mine 5 weeks ago and didn't received any conformation letter.

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:27 pm

hi, Leicester, since u applied in Nov last year, it is 6 months till June last month. Have u heard from Home Office in June or are u still waiting? It is stated that it takes 6 months maximum for a decision to be made. My friend applied in march this year, it is almost 4 months now, still nothing.
Pls advice if u have received ur status paper and when so i can advice my friend how long it will take roughly and stop worrying. Thanks.

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:33 pm

hi, Leicester, since u applied in Nov last year, it is 6 months till June last month. Have u heard from Home Office in June or are u still waiting? It is stated that it takes 6 months maximum for a decision to be made. My friend applied in march this year, it is almost 4 months now, still nothing.
Pls advice if u have received ur status paper and when so i can advice my friend how long it will take roughly and stop worrying. Thanks.

manhuwa
Newly Registered

Post by manhuwa » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:28 am

hi people is there anyone else who applied under the SET Protection route for indefinite leave as a refugee who completed 5 years initial leave as a recognised refugee. How wlong does it take to be acknowledged and how long did it take to get indefinite leave after you applied ? Just wanted to hear from any other guys who applied through this route to check if there is variation in the waiting times as reported by those who posted above.

Thank You

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:07 am

good news. My friend and her family have finally got their ilr. They applied end of mar, so roughly 3 months. Hope this helps other people applying under this category.

manhuwa
Newly Registered

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO GET AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER

Post by manhuwa » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:07 am

Hi Sunning

How long did it take for your friend to be acknowledged that their application has been received ?

fais11
Newly Registered

thanks a lot for the information.

Post by fais11 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:44 pm

sunning27 wrote:good news. My friend and her family have finally got their ilr. They applied end of mar, so roughly 3 months. Hope this helps other people applying under this category.
that's very good news.......thanks for sharing

fais11
Newly Registered

Re: HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO GET AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER

Post by fais11 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:45 pm

manhuwa wrote:Hi Sunning

How long did it take for your friend to be acknowledged that their application has been received ?

I have been waiting for my acknowledgement for last six weeks and one of my friend over 12 weeks, not acknowledged so don't worry.

fais11
Newly Registered

Did u get acknowledgement letter?

Post by fais11 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:09 pm

fais11 wrote:
manhuwa wrote:Hi Sunning

I have been waiting for my acknowledgement for last six weeks and one of my friend over 12 weeks, not acknowledged so don't worry.

What abt urs, did u get any acknowledgement letter? If any news could u plz update here, we will do the same. Thanks

harrygursel
Newly Registered

Post by harrygursel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:35 pm

i have applied 10th of june for ilr after 5 years humanitarian protection and recived acknowledge after 20 days now it has been nearly 2 months still nothing no result yet.genaraly it takes arount 3 months they says as i read from other people posts topic.

fais11
Newly Registered

Waiting time.

Post by fais11 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Yeah that's what I have heard around 3 months. I am still waiting for mine it's been over 2 months now. I got my acknowledgement after a month and a half. So it varies a little for everyone.

mosa
Newly Registered

Post by mosa » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:41 am

hallo to all
i applied under the SET Protection route for indefinite leave ,in 6th of july2011 since that time ididnt heard from them ,no acknowledged letter, tow and have month now!!!? if any one know how long it well take , plslet me know.

thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: UKBA Set Protection Route Application

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:48 pm

mosa wrote:hallo to all
i applied under the SET Protection route for indefinite leave ,in 6th of july2011 since that time ididnt heard from them ,no acknowledged letter, tow and have month now!!!? if any one know how long it well take , plslet me know.

thanks
fais11 already answered your query.

fais11
Newly Registered

Re: UKBA Set Protection Route Application

Post by fais11 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Mine took 12 weeks to get ILR. Don't worry if u didn't get acknowledgement letter some ppl don't get it at all.

manhuwa
Newly Registered

Post by manhuwa » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Sent application 5th September, got acknowledgement letter 20th September, although it was dated 15th September.
got papers with stamped ILR back on 28th October. ILR stamp is dated 19th October.
So process took 7 weeks.

My advice is apply early, i applied the day my visa was left with 30 days to expire by next day first class post. Also make sure all papwerwork is in order, eg birth certificates of children born in the UK, marriage certficates, previous correspondence from UKBA, copies of all leave to remain given, all necessary documents. This will mean it very easy for them to process.
Also i got a reminder letter from them after (although after i had already applied which states that you must submit an application as your existing leave is about to expire). All people with refugee status must get this reminder letter to apply for ILR just when their leave is about to expire, but dont wait for it. Just apply on the day your visa will be left with 30 days to expire, with all documents .. The process becomes shorter than the 12 weeks reported by others or lack of acknowledgement letters etc. Remember to give UKBA all your previous Immigration Status documents, marriage certificates, passports, birth certificates , grant of asylum status letters etc. That helps in quick replies.