ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

divorce matter !! please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

racim

divorce matter !! please help

Post by racim » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:21 am

hi guys
i am married to EEA member i got 5 years resident exp aug 2012
me and my wife we about to start proccesing the divorce . so after getting the divorce .
is that good thing to just wait and apply for my PR after the 5 years finish . or shall i just apply for retain the right of residence !!!
thank you for any replay in advance

John

Post by John » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:41 am

When did you actually start exercising Treaty Rights in the UK? When did you get married?
John

racim

Post by racim » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:43 pm

John wrote:When did you actually start exercising Treaty Rights in the UK? When did you get married?
well i came to uk in july 2004 ( visitor visa 6months ) i over stay .
i got my 5 years resident in aug 2007 we both been living to gether and working since that time , i got everything 2 prove that .
thx john

John

Post by John » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:58 pm

When did you get married?
When?
John

racim

Post by racim » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:58 pm

John wrote:
When?
well we got married like 8 months before i got my 5 resident so thats so thats december 2006
thank you

racim

Post by racim » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:26 pm

racim wrote:
John wrote:
When?
well we got married like 8 months before i got my 5 resident so thats so thats december 2006
thank you
any advise john

John

Post by John » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:00 pm

It certainly appears to be the case that the two of you have been married for at least three years, and indeed have lived together in the UK for at least one year, and accordingly you will have retained rights in the UK following the divorce ..... assuming of course your EEA spouse has indeed been exercising Treaty Rights in the UK.

Given that you married your spouse in December 2006, you commenced to exercise Treaty Rights at that time, and so the 5-year anniversary is in December this year.
John

racim

Post by racim » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 pm

John wrote:It certainly appears to be the case that the two of you have been married for at least three years, and indeed have lived together in the UK for at least one year, and accordingly you will have retained rights in the UK following the divorce ..... assuming of course your EEA spouse has indeed been exercising Treaty Rights in the UK.

Given that you married your spouse in December 2006, you commenced to exercise Treaty Rights at that time, and so the 5-year anniversary is in December this year.
so the HO counts from the day we got married or when i have been issued my 5 years resident ( aug 2007)
and wots the best thing to do now apply to retrain my resident first or just wait then apply for my PR !!
thx john

racim

Post by racim » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:13 pm

racim wrote:
John wrote:It certainly appears to be the case that the two of you have been married for at least three years, and indeed have lived together in the UK for at least one year, and accordingly you will have retained rights in the UK following the divorce ..... assuming of course your EEA spouse has indeed been exercising Treaty Rights in the UK.

so the HO counts from the day we got married or when i have been issued my 5 years resident ( aug 2007)
and wots the best thing to do now apply to retrain my resident first or just wait then apply for my PR !!
thx john
any answer plz !!!

Mary1

Post by Mary1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi
You can't apply for PR although you will have qualified by the time your divorce is granted. You have to first of all retain your rights....If you spend a few minutes searching this forum, you will find countless posts on this topic.

M