ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor has cruel intentions - what to do?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anon1
Newly Registered

Visitor has cruel intentions - what to do?

Post by anon1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi everyone, This is my 1st post and I only became aware of this site after a search.

My mum sponsors my cousin from abroad on a tourist visa (it could even be a family visa) every year. However, my mum is only on state benefits so I don't know how she is allowed to sponsor her.

My guess is she shows that she has savings. However, my cousin is unemployed so isn't exactly earning.

When she arrives, she causes a lot of friction in our family and before she leaves, my mum gives her money that she saved up. Also, she looks for work while she's here.

My mum is being financially and emotionally exploited. How can I stop my cousin from coming into the UK? She is due to come again this year

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Your post suggests you haven't got a true picture of the situation. I also believe your mum wouldn't sponsor her visit every year if she's such a nuisance as depicted. Looking for work on a visit visa is illegal as well(if thats the true situation)

Perhaps you having a chat with your mum about it would go a long way.
Live and let live