ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-Rent query...please advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

abbi123

ILR-Rent query...please advice

Post by abbi123 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi all,
I need some advice regarding the rent for my ILR
I rent with private landlords which includes all bills, so there is nothing on my name,
How can I prove I am renting that property…do I need to ask my land lord to give me a letter or is
there any format available to say that every month I pay him rent like receipts to give to my land lord to fill?
Do we really need to show rent receipts for my ILR
Please advise me
Many Thanks

Natita

Post by Natita » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:32 pm

I'm in similar situation but I pay utilities bills except Council Tax. I have just asked the landlord to issue a letter to confirm my tenancy, rental fee, type of accommodation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:33 pm

If you don't already have one, ask your landlord for a written Tenancy Agreement. Submit this with your application. You should also be given some form of receipt for your rent paid such as a rent book. This is for your own protection as much as anything.
You have other proof of address in both your names, either jointly or singly? I'm assuming this is a Spouse ILR application.

abbi123

Post by abbi123 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:39 pm

[quote="Casa"]If you don't already have one, ask your landlord for a written Tenancy Agreement. Submit this with your application. You should also be given some form of receipt for your rent paid such as a rent book. This is for your own protection as much as anything.
You have other proof of address in both your names, either jointly or singly? I'm assuming this is a Spouse ILR application.[/quote]

hi casa,
mine is not spouse ILR, but ia m the main applicant and alons with my wife will be going for ILR

we do have only one bank account on both of our name and i have saving accounts on my name only...but not on wife's name....so wondering is rent receipts really required to produce??

Natita

Post by Natita » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Thank you Casa,

[quote]You have other proof of address in both your names, either jointly or singly? I'm assuming this is a Spouse ILR application.[/quote]

Yes I have other proofs of address, mainly singly but do have a few jointly. Are they required to support the fact that we are living at that address? (apart from proof of cohabiation with partner)

Regards

Staminka
Newly Registered

Post by Staminka » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:01 pm

i am very sorry to post in here..but my query is about the rent as well. Is proof of rent required? What happens if i do not rent any property, i live in the hotel where i work and don't pay any bills. I have 4 months before i apply for ILR, do i need to start renting something, or am I ok to stay in the hotel?

I will really appreciate any advice
Last edited by Staminka on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:01 pm

This thread has become really confusing. I can't answer 3 different situations at the same time!
Abbi you bank statements will presumably show the rent being paid, but you should show something formal from the landlord to show you are renting the property. Do you have a tenancy agreement?

abbi123

Post by abbi123 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:00 pm

[quote="Casa"]This thread has become really confusing. I can't answer 3 different situations at the same time!
[b]Abbi[/b] you bank statements will presumably show the rent being paid, but you should show something formal from the landlord to show you are renting the property. Do you have a tenancy agreement?[/quote]

Hi casa, thanks for your reply
I pay by cash, not bank transfer,where i can do it now
in fact let me make you clear my situation may be i have not communicated clearly with my query

I live with my sister and brother in law, so i wont pay any bills i just give my sister some money lets say £500, cash,
my siste wons house, they are paying mortgage,
in this case do i need to take letter form my brother in law and copy of his mortgage approval, is that ok or do i need to transfer some money(£500) in stead of giving cash with reference rent to my sister account

please advice me casa
Many Thanks