ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About the Reciept of EEA4 Permanent Residence application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

banku
- thin ice -
Mood:

About the Reciept of EEA4 Permanent Residence application

Post by banku » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi Experts,
I applied for a Permanent Residence permit (EEA4) on Dec.11th.2010 & I have not received any receipt of my application yet.
My present Visa is due to expire on Jan.09th.2011 , My employer asked for the proof of application which i sent to UKBA (Liverpool) , I submitted a photocopy of the Application with cover letter .
Now they are asking for the receipt of my application from home office , which states that I still have the right to live & work in U.K as I had earlier.
How long does it take to get a letter from Home Office about the receipt of application.
I work for Royal Mail & they are really strict with these issues.
What should i do?
Any suggestions , Advices will really be appreciated.
Many thanks for reading.
regards,

Mary1

Post by Mary1 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi

Call the H/O (01516725626.. 1, 2 ) and check if your application was received and get your case ID ref number. Am assuming since you work for Royal Mail, you sent it recorded and you've checked it was received. Give the case ID to your employer and ask them to call the H/O employee hotline to check everything kosher.

Your COA will arrive shortly, nothing to worry about as it usually takes about month or so to arrive.

M

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Sent EEA4 form off near the end of November and received the CoA at the end of last week.

Spoke to the BA helpline the day before it turned up and they were suggesting it will take up to 8 weeks because of the Xmas holidays etc

banku
- thin ice -
Mood:

Post by banku » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:20 am

Many Many thanks for your kind reply Mary & friendindeed.

ariana
Newly Registered

EEA4 certificate of application

Post by ariana » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:39 am

banku wrote:Many Many thanks for your kind reply Mary & friendindeed.
Hi Guys,
i send my EEA4 on 09/12/2010
recieve COA today 20/01/2011
Its says Thank you for application for Permanent Residence Card.
And all text as usuall,but at the end of letter:
At this stage we are unable to confirm your right to work in the United Kingdom. This will depend on the outcome of the application. The enclosed Questions and Answers sheet provides more information about employment rights.

Please can you tell me any body recieve same COA or its just standart letter?
Thank's.

fysicus
Netherlands

Re: EEA4 certificate of application

Post by fysicus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:42 pm

ariana wrote:recieve COA today 20/01/2011
Its says Thank you for application for Permanent Residence Card.
And all text as usuall,but at the end of letter:
At this stage we are unable to confirm your right to work in the United Kingdom. This will depend on the outcome of the application. The enclosed Questions and Answers sheet provides more information about employment rights.

Please can you tell me any body recieve same COA or its just standart letter?
This looks like a new wording in the CoA and in my opinion this is extremely illegal. If employers are put off by this, the UKBA should be liable for lost income!
As a family member of an EEA national you have the right to work in the UK, whether you apply for a (Permanent) Residence Card or not. This is pointed out on government websites, e.g. on UK Visas.
But at the same time the rules on illegal workers are such that employers will be very reluctant to employ EEA Family members, which I think is a clear case of obstruction of the right to free movement by the UK government.

ariana
Newly Registered

Post by ariana » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:10 pm

Thank's for you replay Fysicus!,
My application EEA4 is after divorce with a child.
2002-came in Uk as a student
oct 2004 - married with EEA ( iam not eea )
2006- recieve Res Stamp for 5 years exp.Feb 2011
2007 - we have a child apply for her res card,and now in my passport 2 res card for my self (one exp feb 2011,second oct 2012) and my child res card exp oct 2012.
nov 2008- divorce with my ex.
applyed EEA4 with my child 09/12/2010 got COA today ( absolutly different from everybody) Why?
I supply all relevant documents with my application ( mar. certificate,divorce,ex husbant working from 2004-till now never stop,i am self emloyment all this time,child nursery letter, joint bank account,my comoany account and letter from accounter and revenue,all consil tax and bills for both names froom 2004-2008 and all....).
I dont understand what HO mean - We will consider your application but may need to contact you for some additional or alternative evidence.Until work on your application has been completed we will not be able to provide confirmation on your current status.
Its mean i have no right to work now? But how iam going to live? and my child?for 6 month waiting time? they ant me to close my company untill they consider my application?
What do you think? Probably its new Coa letter from this year.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:43 pm

ariana wrote:applyed EEA4 with my child 09/12/2010 got COA today
Your child would not be entitled to permanent residence before 2012.

ariana wrote:absolutly different from everybody) Why?
Possibly, because your circumstances are different from most others as you have been divorced but have not informed the UKBA about the change in your circumstances. Whether you truly have retained your rights under EEA regulations may not have been immediately obvious to the UKBA and hence they may have chosen the non-standard wording.

ariana
Newly Registered

Post by ariana » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:47 pm

86ti wrote:
ariana wrote:applyed EEA4 with my child 09/12/2010 got COA today
Your child would not be entitled to permanent residence befor
ariana wrote:absolutly different from everybody) Why?
Possibly, because your circumstances are different from most others as you have been divorced but have not informed the UKBA about the change in your circumstances. Whether you truly have retained your rights under EEA regulations may not have been immediately obvious to the UKBA and hence they may have chosen the non-standard wording.
Thank's againe for your fast replay.
Maybe you right but its mean i have to stop working now?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 pm

ariana wrote:Maybe you right but its mean i have to stop working now?
I would think that your rights are based on facts, i.e. the reality of your circumstances. From what you say you have not only retained your rights (I assume that you have been able to support yourself since the divorce) but are also a permanent resident of the UK since Oct 2009. In fact, it seems that you could apply for naturalisation right away if you wished so.

ariana
Newly Registered

Post by ariana » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:32 pm

86ti wrote:
ariana wrote:Maybe you right but its mean i have to stop working now?
I would think that your rights are based on facts, i.e. the reality of your circumstances. From what you say you have not only retained your rights (I assume that you have been able to support yourself since the divorce) but are also a permanent resident of the UK since Oct 2009. In fact, it seems that you could apply for naturalisation right away if you wished so.
Thank's for good news. I just spoke with my solicitor - the letter like standart letter,i just have to wait now. Since divorce i have a company wich run very well,i send all documents to HO.I still have visa till oct 2012 and my doughter. Look like HO just send me new type of COA. About naturalisation all my documents now in HO.I was thinking to do it after PR.
What do you think my doughter as my dependant in EEA4 application, she was born in 2007 when i was married,she will get another RC for 5 years or same as me - her mum?
Thank's to everyone, i will send any futher info about my case.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:00 pm

ariana wrote:What do you think my doughter as my dependant in EEA4 application, she was born in 2007 when i was married,she will get another RC for 5 years or same as me - her mum?
As she is only 3 now and cannot possibly have been in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years as required by the EEA regulations she 'only' qualifies for an ordinary residence card. If you have sent the passport with your daughter's current RC endorsed to it then there should be no action required from the case-worker though you probably will get a denial letter regards the PR application if you have included her in the EEA4 form. If it is a new passport then the sensible thing to do would be obviously to endorse it with a new RC.

ariana
Newly Registered

Post by ariana » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:11 pm

86ti wrote:
ariana wrote:What do you think my doughter as my dependant in EEA4 application, she was born in 2007 when i was married,she will get another RC for 5 years or same as me - her mum?
As she is only 3 now and cannot possibly have been in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years as required by the EEA regulations she 'only' qualifies for an ordinary residence card. If you have sent the passport with your daughter's current RC endorsed to it then there should be no action required from the case-worker though you probably will get a denial letter regards the PR application if you have included her in the EEA4 form. If it is a new passport then the sensible thing to do would be obviously to endorse it with a new RC.[/quote
Yes she is only 3.8 now and i send my passport ( her RC is in my passport) to HO. One more ?? i apply for PR but she is become PR in 2012?,she was born here. Lets see whats HO giving us :? Thank's againe for your respond,i am happy to find your answers!!!