ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

apply for EEA3 or go for naturalisation directly

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EEAwaiting
Newly Registered

apply for EEA3 or go for naturalisation directly

Post by EEAwaiting » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:34 am

Hi everyone, need some suggestion.
My partner lived in UK arond 7 years now, since 2003.
as his country joined EU May 2004.
I have one question, can he apply naturalisation directly, from may 2004- may 2009, he can get PR automatically, and to May 2010, can apply for naturalisation. if yes, does he only need provide ducuments from May 2004 to May 2010?

I am not sure, does he must apply PR under EU law before nationality? EEA3 is long time to wait, do not want to waste time.

Thanks

vinny

Re: apply for EEA3 or go for naturalisation directly

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:53 am

EEAwaiting wrote:does he must apply PR under EU law before nationality?
Not necessary.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:51 pm

He can apply bypass all EEA application and apply for the BC needs to prove the 6 years exercising the treaty right, No need to apply for the PR because is automatically after 5 years.