ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Indefinite Leave to Enter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mktsoi
Member of Standing

ILR and Indefinite Leave to Enter

Post by mktsoi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:21 pm

I know about Indefinite Leave to Remain and how it works. What about Indefinite Leave to Enter? Is Indefinite Leave to Enter same as Indefinite Leave to Remain? If it is different, what are the differences?

Thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:32 pm

It's the same. The only difference is that indefinite leave to enter is issued from outside the UK and indefinite leave to remain is issued from within the UK.

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:59 pm

I agree with the above,in addition ILE is given outside UK to spouse of british citizen alone and not to spouse of Permanent resident

pradip.pp
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Enter from ICT T-2 category

Post by pradip.pp » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:04 pm

Hello there,

I have a question on ILE under the current rules. I will qualify 5 years in UK under ICT T-2 visa category on 5-Sep and i have passed the Life in the UK test and the english language test. But the catch here is I am on a short secondment to my India base office and i travelled last week to India and currently I am in India. I have to be in India till 25-Sep. MY question, "is it possible to apply for ILE from India, my employer is ready to provide a letter to the effect or should i extend my ICT Tier-2 visa from India?" I prefer applying ILE from India if possible. A response ASAP would be helpful as i would need to take a decision on this asap. Meanwhile i have raised the case to Immigration team and awaiting a response from them as well, but they do not entertain ILE enquiries whihc i would have to manage myself.

Cheers
Pradeep

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Indefinite Leave to Enter from ICT T-2 category

Post by physicskate » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:02 pm

pradip.pp wrote:Hello there,

I have a question on ILE under the current rules. I will qualify 5 years in UK under ICT T-2 visa category on 5-Sep and i have passed the Life in the UK test and the english language test. But the catch here is I am on a short secondment to my India base office and i travelled last week to India and currently I am in India. I have to be in India till 25-Sep. MY question, "is it possible to apply for ILE from India, my employer is ready to provide a letter to the effect or should i extend my ICT Tier-2 visa from India?" I prefer applying ILE from India if possible. A response ASAP would be helpful as i would need to take a decision on this asap. Meanwhile i have raised the case to Immigration team and awaiting a response from them as well, but they do not entertain ILE enquiries whihc i would have to manage myself.

Cheers
Pradeep
ILE is no longer possible. This is a redundant category. You will need to wait until you are in the UK to apply for ILR.

vinny

Re: ILR and Indefinite Leave to Enter

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:11 am

It's not redundant. However, it's probably only granted to eligible children, dependent adults or returning residents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.