ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR, retained rights, remaried and the AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

friendinneed

PR, retained rights, remaried and the AN form

Post by friendinneed » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Ok, life can be complicated so forward planning always good!

Rough history
2002 EEA & Non-EEA marry, both living outside UK
Aug 2005 Both enter UK and EEA exercising treaty rights working
Jan 2006 Application from non-EEA accepted and 5 year "visa" given
Sep 2010 Divorce granted
Nov 2010 EEA4 sent to retain rights and get PR
Jan 2010 CoA received

So theoretical future timeline
May 2011 PR granted
Jul 2011 Non-EEA marries a BC
Jul 2011 Non-EEA applies for BC

Speaking to Liverpool they advise the future timeline is right as the non-EEA with have no restrictions (ie PR) and will have been living in the UK for over 3 years and as now a spouse of a BC can apply straight away.

Looking at the AN form though things get confusing as presumably they will have to tick the EEA Family Member box. It then asks for qualifying data and supporting docs but up until the divorce the qualifying data would be that of the Ex (EEA) or as this has all been dealt with in the EEA4 application does this not have to be filled out and only from the date of PR it be filled out?

KC8010

Post by KC8010 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi there

I think I know what you are talking about. In the EEA4 application I sent all the EEA's supporting docs of excising treaty rights for 5 years and mine and I received confirmation of my PR!

I have recently applied for BC and DID NOT fill that part of the form in - however I just sent x 5 years worth of P60's as a 'back up' for not filling THAT part of the form in....

I hope I was right though!