ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Residence Card for a family member - documents required

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hicnar
Newly Registered

EEA2 Residence Card for a family member - documents required

Post by hicnar » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi,

I'm an EU citizen settled in the UK and my wife is here with me on EEU Family Permit. We are about to apply for a Residence Card for her.

Section 9 of the EEA2 form says that one of the documents should be provided:

"Your current passport or ID card. If you do not have a passport or ID card, you must provide another form of identity."

I know that normally people send passports, but if we do so it is going to lock us here in the UK until the application is processed (AFIK it takes about 6 months). Also it's true you can get the passport back if you are planing to go away for a while, but it slows down the whole process I think.

Anyway does that line from the section 9 mean that we can go to a certified translator with my wife's national (Brazilian) ID card, get it translated into English and submit it instead of her passport?

Thanx in advance for your replies!
K.

Mary1

Post by Mary1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi
Anyway does that line from the section 9 mean that we can go to a certified translator with my wife's national (Brazilian) ID card, get it translated into English and submit it instead of her passport?
I think you can but also consider this: a few posters have now received their RC cards on A4 paper. This is OK but also a pain as you now have to carry both PP and A4 sheet.
Also it's true you can get the passport back if you are planing to go away for a while,
Yes
but it slows down the whole process I think
. No the time line is not affected by requesting for your pp back

M

mohamed82

look

Post by mohamed82 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:13 pm

yes brother it will take about 4 mounth or more and u wont able to travel u nd ur wife becouse they will got ur passport u cant go anywhere and also u wont able to contact them unless they will call u
and not enough only passport u must provide for them u r qualify person in uk
thats true dont makemy mistake
my wife eu citizen and we did that after 5 mounth waiting they refuse my settle and its complcated so passports not enough
u should send many evidnce as possible as u can
MOHAMED AHMED

ngueda2009

Post by ngueda2009 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:49 pm

i think it will best for you to apply with your passport and request it after you receive the coa i do not think the fact that you request your passport will delay that much your application as the ho can put her residence on a piece of paper

daddy
Member of Standing

Re: look

Post by daddy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:27 pm

mohamed82 wrote:yes brother it will take about 4 mounth or more and u wont able to travel u nd ur wife becouse they will got ur passport u cant go anywhere and also u wont able to contact them unless they will call u
and not enough only passport u must provide for them u r qualify person in uk
thats true dont makemy mistake
my wife eu citizen and we did that after 5 mounth waiting they refuse my settle and its complcated so passports not enough
u should send many evidnce as possible as u can
What reason did they give you for refusal?, and what documents did you submit?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:26 am

Mary1 wrote:Hi
I think you can but also consider this: a few posters have now received their RC cards on A4 paper. This is OK but also a pain as you now have to carry both PP and A4 sheet.
Not to forget that other countries may have their very own few on where the RC should be stuck, e.g. when applying for visas or at a border control. The A4 sheet is not the regular way.

The OP may also need to include a cover letter explaining as to why the passport/ID could not be sent in.