ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newborn Child - parents on ILR applying for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newbie01
Newly Registered

Newborn Child - parents on ILR applying for naturalisation

Post by newbie01 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Hi,

I need your expert advice. Me and my wife got ILR (Tier1 visa 5 years) in Jan 2010. We are now eligible to apply for naturalisation (AN) application.

We had our son born today in UK, and we need to apply for his citizenship and UK passport.

My question is, shall I wait for my naturalisation and citizenship to be granted and then he will automatically be entitled for british citizenship or shall I fill MN1 form and get him registered as a british citizen which costs 500 pounds.

Or can he be wont be part of naturalisation application which me and my wife gonna make this month?

So whats the easy way of getting a UK passport for him?

malli

Post by malli » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:43 am

You can apply for his UK passport now because he was born after you and wife received ILR,i think but wait for someone else clarify this.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:59 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.