ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help with Tier 1 application:Visa expiring soon

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pravinboppuri

Urgent help with Tier 1 application:Visa expiring soon

Post by pravinboppuri » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Hello,

I need urgent help and advise in regards to my tier1 general application. I am posting my application (last minute application) on the 14th of Janurary via next day services through royal mail. My visa expires on the 20th January 2011. Can i please get some advise/help on the following queries below. I am self employed + salary employed.

1. I am missing some of my bank statements. Can i include copies and get them stamped from my bank?

2. As i have recently moved house and lost most of my documents, including HRMC letter confirming my self employment. i have requested them to send another one. can i put in a covering note with application that i will re-sending the pending documents?

3. Some of my salaried pay slips are missing as well, so i have requested them from my ex employer. they are on the way but i dont think i will have it by the 14th?

4.Last and the most important, my job is at jeprody as they will not employ me after the 20th of jan and terminate my employment unless i submit them my acknowledgement letter whlist my application in under review. if i recieve ack letter after the 20th i have to re-apply my own job as it will go into a new vacancy in my company. is there a way i can keep my employer happy that i have applied or some verification number with the home office?

I am worried as this will be an incomplete application, but will be providing the home office the rest of the pending documents as soon as i recieve. What are my chances and will i be able to appeal if my visa is rejected?

I hope you talented lads will help me out.

Kind Regards,

PB

pravinboppuri

Help

Post by pravinboppuri » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:00 am

Hi Guys,

Can someone please help me and give me proper advise as I am getting worried?

PB

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Urgent help with Tier 1 application:Visa expiring soon

Post by aliq09 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:11 am

pravinboppuri wrote:Hello,

I need urgent help and advise in regards to my tier1 general application. I am posting my application (last minute application) on the 14th of Janurary via next day services through royal mail. My visa expires on the 20th January 2011. Can i please get some advise/help on the following queries below. I am self employed + salary employed.

1. I am missing some of my bank statements. Can i include copies and get them stamped from my bank?

2. As i have recently moved house and lost most of my documents, including HRMC letter confirming my self employment. i have requested them to send another one. can i put in a covering note with application that i will re-sending the pending documents?

3. Some of my salaried pay slips are missing as well, so i have requested them from my ex employer. they are on the way but i dont think i will have it by the 14th?

4.Last and the most important, my job is at jeprody as they will not employ me after the 20th of jan and terminate my employment unless i submit them my acknowledgement letter whlist my application in under review. if i recieve ack letter after the 20th i have to re-apply my own job as it will go into a new vacancy in my company. is there a way i can keep my employer happy that i have applied or some verification number with the home office?

I am worried as this will be an incomplete application, but will be providing the home office the rest of the pending documents as soon as i recieve. What are my chances and will i be able to appeal if my visa is rejected?

Kind Regards,

PB

Hi ,

Here are your best answers IMO

YES! that will be fine ... but if possible get them on bank papers and get them stamped ...

If you any sort of reference or number put them in your cover letter while explaining the fact that it was lost . well! you are here really delaying your application ... but hope for the best .....

This your scoring area and you have to be strong here .. go to your employer knock at there doors and get your slip .... It will make your case really really weak ... well! my point is mate that you are giving too much empty blocks in your application to home office and it really shows that you are not prepared .... well! get them

Well! if you are completing your previous earning requirement and now you are looking for new job than there is no link between your previous states and now ........Yes! calls can go to your old employer for verification but in your application you can write them as old employer ....

Good luck mate!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Ali

ukukukuk2011

Re: Urgent help with Tier 1 application:Visa expiring soon

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:04 pm

gosh ..no idea why peple are so carefree ....i used to prepare 1 year before the date ... well dont wanna poke u more ...

the same thing happenned to my friend .he found when his passport was asked for drving license and they told him that it is expiring soon and needs extended . he had the p60 missing ..payslips missing ...
but he was lucky that he was working via an umbrella company and they were kind enough to print it on a saturday and he caught his train and went personally and collected it ....usually big companies wont do that ...

so
1) try to go to the office personally and get it in hand ....
this is time to stand on their head , explain ur problems and collect in hand somehow ....

u need to act vey fast bro ..

pravinboppuri wrote:Hello,

Kind Regards,

PB

pravinboppuri

Post by pravinboppuri » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:24 pm

Thanks Guys for all your advises and comments. I know i shouldnt have left it till the end.
Luckily i have recieved copies of my payslips (attested) on time from my previous employer, so i managed to put them all together. I managed to get the bank statements stamped from the bank, also mentioned about the HRMC letter that i have lost it and waiting for a new one from them.

I have posted my application on the 17th next day delivery. The status shows that it has been delivered. Now i am eagerly waiting for them to debit my bank account and send me the acknowledgement. All i have to do is pray and wait for the outcome, so i can get back to you guys for more information.

Meanwhile any suggestions will be really helpful.

thanks Guys.

PB

pravinboppuri

Post by pravinboppuri » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 am

Hi Guys,

Just an update: today my account has been debited from the Home office, Eagerly waiting for the acknowledgement letter. Does it take a while or should i be recieving this withing three working days? Is this letter sufficient enough to provide to my employer as a proof of my status in the country?

Please advise?

PB

cskmail

Eager to know your success...

Post by cskmail » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Wish you luck for your application...

I am eager to know your result....

Please keep us all posted, as the Tier-1 category is now closed for fresh applicants..... :!:

pravinboppuri

Post by pravinboppuri » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:49 pm

thanks, I'll keep you updated with my progress as my application is still in the initial stage. Although I am in the process of approaching a immigration solicitor who can take my case if it goes to Appeal.

Any idea how long will it take to get the acknowledgement letter?

Thanks

PB

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:32 pm

From reading some other topics, sometimes people don't get an acknowledgement letter at all, they just get their passport and documents back.

The company where I am consulting is similar to yours - they will not extend my contract beyond the expiry date on my visa unless I provide proof that I have applied for the extension. I have given the company a copy of the post office receipt showing it was posted. I sent it Special Delivery so I will give them a copy of the delivery notice (when it arrives) and a screenshot of the account debit (when it is done). This should be enough to prove the application is being processed. Maybe you can do something similar.

pravinboppuri

Post by pravinboppuri » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the advise, I have already tried this with my company and unfortunately they will not accept any other proof apart from written document from the home office. Its my bad luck that my employment has now been terminated but my Head of Dept. has asked me to call him once I receive the letter. Lets hope for the best.

Thanks

PB

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Are they aware that you are legally allowed to work while your visa is being processed? If so, it should be enough that you provide evidence that the processing is in progress. But then, some companies don't understand how visas work and therefore make drastic and uninformed decisions :roll:

pravinboppuri

Post by pravinboppuri » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:44 am

Hi,

Unfortunately the company that i work for don't want to listen to me unless i show them something in writing. I'm just praying to recieve my acknowledgment this week so i can get my job back.

PB

pravinboppuri

Post by pravinboppuri » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi Guys,

Just an update: today I have received my acknowledgement letter from the Home Office, I have submitted this to my employer, hope they give my job back. What's the next step, will I receive biometric registration letter? and when? Please advise?

Thanks

PB

pravinboppuri

Post by pravinboppuri » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi Guys,

Just an update that today i have got confirmation from HO to register for Biometric. They have asked me to get it done within 15days. So what is the status of my application? Has the case worker looked at it or only after they get my Biometric details they'll start working on my application?

Please advise?

Regards,
PB