ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused! Passport Application.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SgtBellPepper

Confused! Passport Application.

Post by SgtBellPepper » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:16 am

Hi all,

I am busy sorting out the supporting documents for my son's first British passport. I am British myself and already have a passport.

I am REALLY confused though!

On the website it says I must supply his full birth certificate and then fill in section 4 with my passport details. So far so good.

In the Guide that was sent with the application forms (I did the online application where they print out the form prefilled and send it to you in the post) they state the exact same requirements.

HOWEVER, on the website they state I must send my marriage certificate, BUT in the guide they say I must NOT send my marriage certificate!

Huh???

So which is it? Send or not to send? That is the question!

I think the marriage certificate is a requirement only for those applicants born in the UK between 31 Dec 1982 and 1 July 2006. Am I reading this correctly? In other words in this case I need NOT send my marriage certificate?

Cheers,

Sarge.

:D

PS He was born last year, 2010, in the UK.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:02 am

I dont think marriage certificate is important. We were not even married when we got my son's passport. We did it the same way as your's, applied online, received the pre-filled form as well.

The requirements would still be the same but you only need to follow the relevant one to your application.

I believe your son ''full'' birth certificate + a copy of your passport would suffice and prove your child's claim to British Citizenship. It also needs to be countersigned.
Live and let live

SgtBellPepper

Post by SgtBellPepper » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:42 am

Thats what I thought.

Thanks.

:D