ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is it a criminal offence that could affect my future ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

friday

is it a criminal offence that could affect my future ILR

Post by friday » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi all,

Today i paid a penalty fare ticket for not showing a vaild bus ticket (please read details below) in London, is this considered a criminal offence or a bad behaviour that would affect my application for ILR or british passport in the future? I am abit scared as it mentions on the ticket that my perosonal information might be shared with other comapnies and even police! So it appears that I will have a criminal.offences record in a system.

The story is:

I live in Ely and travel to London 1-2 times every month by train. I thought I could use my train ticket on the bus so I stopped a bus and showed my train ticket to the driver and went on the bus. After 2 stops, a company office came to me and asked me for ticket and I showed her the train ticket but she said this is not a ticket and I have to pay a penalty ticket. I told her the driver saw my train ticket but she said drivers do not check tickets. How would I know that!!? She said I should have look into the logo on the train ticket but I never even realised there a train logo there! The problem is that I used this method several times ago and nothing happened: no single driver complained. now i understand it should be a dat rail card to use buses. Anyway, I paid the penalty cause I felt I am like a criminal! I was abit scared. She took my address and name. Also, do you think I should appeal against the penalty fare to show that I did not have the intension to break the law or is it waste of time?

what do you think guys?

Many thanks in advance.

ON

ukswus

Re: is it a criminal offence that could affect my future ILR

Post by ukswus » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:11 pm

friday wrote:Hi all,

Today i paid a penalty fare ticket for not showing a vaild bus ticket (please read details below) in London, is this considered a criminal offence or a bad behaviour that would affect my application for ILR or british passport in the future? I am abit scared as it mentions on the ticket that my perosonal information might be shared with other comapnies and even police! So it appears that I will have a criminal.offences record in a system.

The story is:

I live in Ely and travel to London 1-2 times every month by train. I thought I could use my train ticket on the bus so I stopped a bus and showed my train ticket to the driver and went on the bus. After 2 stops, a company office came to me and asked me for ticket and I showed her the train ticket but she said this is not a ticket and I have to pay a penalty ticket. I told her the driver saw my train ticket but she said drivers do not check tickets. How would I know that!!? She said I should have look into the logo on the train ticket but I never even realised there a train logo there! The problem is that I used this method several times ago and nothing happened: no single driver complained. now i understand it should be a dat rail card to use buses. Anyway, I paid the penalty cause I felt I am like a criminal! I was abit scared. She took my address and name. Also, do you think I should appeal against the penalty fare to show that I did not have the intension to break the law or is it waste of time?

what do you think guys?

Many thanks in advance.

ON
this is strange. if you paid your penalty fare on the spot, i don't understand why she took your name and address...

friday

Post by friday » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:20 pm

ukwus: thanks for reading this. She said she wants to check on their system if they have a record of me! and/or maybe she wanted to put my details on thier system cause they think i may do it in the future?

I am more concerned about this now.

ON

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:31 pm

Penalty paid on spot will not affect your ILR or citizenship. It will only affect you If you do not pay penalty, matter goes to court where you are asked to pay penalty(which means you are convicted by court).

This does't happened. So Relax !!!
friday wrote:ukwus: thanks for reading this. She said she wants to check on their system if they have a record of me! and/or maybe she wanted to put my details on thier system cause they think i may do it in the future?

I am more concerned about this now.

ON

skomati

relax

Post by skomati » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:33 pm

as you paid the penalty nothing will happen..but if you challenge the penalty fare in the court and lost the appeal in court then u will be in trouble.
but as u said u already paid the fine your details will not be passed to any other agency..

so just nrelax..

friday

Post by friday » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:55 pm

chetanojha and Skomati: Many thanks for your quick reply. I am a bit relieved now and hopefully I can sleep tonight!

so i asume they took my personal details to heck if i have a hitsory and/or put me on their record?

Are you sure guys that this incident and my personal details will not be circulated?

Anyway, I will keep the receipt just in case.

ON

ukukukuk2011

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi ,

dont worry much .
I was stopped many times 4 times by police for various unfortunate circumstances and my details were taken and let off .

In my case it was the Police who took details . They just warned me and let me off ....

Most of the cases were more serious than yours like fight in a PUB where in i had hit another guy who misbehaved with my friend and so on ..i just told the officer that it was no fault of mine etc ....he checked my details and just told me never to hit another guy .....i was just lucky .

My ILR was done a year back without issue ....
I did a CRB check before my ILR to be sure and it was clean in CRB check .

I was actually lucky and i had been very careful now a days not to get into issues further ......else my naturilization can be a issue ...

urs is nothing as u just paid fine ..... they took ur details to see if u were some offender ....

Just dont keep repeating ....u will be fine ...

friday wrote:chetanojha and Skomati: Many thanks for your quick reply. I am a bit relieved now and hopefully I can sleep tonight!

so i asume they took my personal details to heck if i have a hitsory and/or put me on their record?

Are you sure guys that this incident and my personal details will not be circulated?

ON

friday

Post by friday » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:33 am

ukukukuk2011: Thanks alot for your reply. It is kind of you to share your previous exp. to calm me down. Glad that you were able to get your ILF and good luck for the neautralisarion.

I just need some time to forget about this incident and stop worrying about it.

Again, many thanks to all the guys who read my case and responded.

ON

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:14 am

ukukukuk2011 wrote:Hi ,

dont worry much .
I was stopped many times 4 times by police for various unfortunate circumstances and my details were taken and let off .

In my case it was the Police who took details . They just warned me and let me off ....

Most of the cases were more serious than yours like fight in a PUB where in i had hit another guy who misbehaved with my friend and so on ..i just told the officer that it was no fault of mine etc ....he checked my details and just told me never to hit another guy .....i was just lucky .

My ILR was done a year back without issue ....
I did a CRB check before my ILR to be sure and it was clean in CRB check .

I was actually lucky and i had been very careful now a days not to get into issues further ......else my naturilization can be a issue ...

urs is nothing as u just paid fine ..... they took ur details to see if u were some offender ....

Just dont keep repeating ....u will be fine ...

friday wrote:chetanojha and Skomati: Many thanks for your quick reply. I am a bit relieved now and hopefully I can sleep tonight!

ON
Could you please share how to do CRB check?
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

ukukukuk2011

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:11 pm

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/
You can do a basic check .

Could you please share how to do CRB check?[/quote]