ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric residence permits timeline , please help !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gob00st

Biometric residence permits timeline , please help !

Post by Gob00st » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I am due to extend my Tier1 application but I am not sure and so worried about the timeline for Biometric residence permits as its relative new.

As far as I understand, it involves with the following steps:

1>
Getting a letter from Home Office once they receive your Tier1 extension application so you are entitle to book a Biometric enrol appointment.
How long does it take for you to receive that letter once you money has been debited?

2>Then you go online or call certain number to book a Biometric enrol appointment?
How long it takes you be able to book a Biometric enrol appointment online or call a number (or is it just online book)?

And is there a big gap between the date when you manage to book a appointment and the actually appointment date?

3> then you go there to enrol your finger print at the appointment date.
Is it time consuming so I need to take a day off for this or half day off is
enough?

Can someone has done this please post your timeline for the 3 steps above.

Many Thanks
Gob00st

Gob00st

Re: Biometric residence permits timeline , please help !

Post by Gob00st » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 am

Can anyone who had this experience please help answer those questions, any input will be appreciated.

Regards,
Gob00st
Gob00st wrote:Hi everyone,

I am due to extend my Tier1 application but I am not sure and so worried about the timeline for Biometric residence permits as its relative new.

1>
Getting a letter from Home Office once they receive your Tier1 extension application so you are entitle to book a Biometric enrol appointment.
How long does it take for you to receive that letter once you money has been debited?

2>Then you go online or call certain number to book a Biometric enrol appointment?
How long it takes you be able to book a Biometric enrol appointment online or call a number (or is it just online book)?

And is there a big gap between the date when you manage to book a appointment and the actually appointment date?

enough?

Many Thanks
Gob00st

tata522

Post by tata522 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:53 pm

[quote="Gob00st"]Hi everyone,

1>

i have applied initial app on 20-12-10,got biometric enrol appoinytment today.though dated on 13-01-11,

i just booked straight away got on 24-01-11

enough?

afaik it takes not more than an hour,but you have to be there half an hour
early.

Many Thanks
Gob00st[/quote]

sojan

Post by sojan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:30 pm

tata522 wrote:

1>

i have applied initial app on 20-12-10,got biometric enrol appoinytment today.though dated on 13-01-11,

enough?

early.

Many Thanks
Gob00st
Thanks mate for the details.
So u are saying if we have the biometric letter from UKBA, its easy to get appointment at PEO/Centre?

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks tata522 for your valuable informations !
All the best to your application !

Cheers
Gob00st
tata522 wrote:

1>

enough?

early.

Many Thanks
Gob00st

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:49 pm

AFAIK, you cannot book biometric enrol until you have received the invitation letter from HO after they receive your application.

HTH
Gob00st
sojan wrote:
tata522 wrote:

1>

enough?

early.

Many Thanks
Gob00st
Thanks mate for the details.
So u are saying if we have the biometric letter from UKBA, its easy to get appointment at PEO/Centre?