ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajput
Newly Registered

Citizenship query

Post by rajput » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi,

I have stayed in UK since Jul 2005 and this period is combination of WP and Tier-1. Looking at the citizenship requirement, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/ I am meeting all of them.

Going through few past posts on this board, I am confused. Do I have to have ILR before applying for Citizenship? If yes, then send me UKBA link please because I couldn't find that.

oluwa112

Re: Citizenship query

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:13 pm

rajput wrote:Hi,

I have stayed in UK since Jul 2005 and this period is combination of WP and Tier-1. Looking at the citizenship requirement, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/ I am meeting all of them.

Going through few past posts on this board, I am confused. Do I have to have ILR before applying for Citizenship? If yes, then send me UKBA link please because I couldn't find that.
Please spent Time Reading the Link you posted:

Immigration time restrictions

You must be free from immigration time restrictions when you apply for naturalisation. Unless you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the residential qualifying period.

If you are free from immigration time restrictions, there will probably be a stamp or sticker in your passport saying that you have indefinite leave to enter or remain or no time limit on your stay. But you may have a letter from the Home Office saying that you are free from immigration conditions

If You have an expiry Date on your VISA you do Not Qualify for Citizenship....

rajput
Newly Registered

Post by rajput » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Thanks very much. Really I am not a careful reader!!