ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

presence and insurance questions.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

denin
Newly Registered

presence and insurance questions.

Post by denin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Hey,

This is my story. I am an EU citizen, I have come to UK in September 2005. I was told that I will be granted permanent residence automatically in 2010 and I can apply for citizenship in September 2011. Do you think it is a good idea to get a PR certificate before the citizenship application?

For the duration between September 2005-September 2010 I was student and I can easily prove my presence in the UK by letters from the universities. However since September 2010 I have been looking for job and staying at friends' and relatives' places rotationally since I cannot rent a property (because I do not know where I will find the job!). Also note that I am not paying council tax or anything. I am wondering how I can prove my presence in the UK for the period after September 2010.

Also I have a question for the comprehensive sickness insurance. I have never had one until now. Do I have to have it during my qualifying period of 6 years or is it fine if I have it at the time of my application??

I do not want to lose this opportunity after this many years of stay. I will appreciate if you can please advice.

Many thanks in advance,
D