ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not utilised Tier1 General Visa for first two years...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cskmail

Not utilised Tier1 General Visa for first two years...

Post by cskmail » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:50 pm

:?: :?: :?:
I obtained my Tier 1 - General Visa two years back in Sept 2008, from New Delhi, India VFS. It is still valid till Sept 2011. So far I was not able to utilise it for visiting or working in UK.

Can I still use this Visa for visiting and working in UK? At present I am not looking for PR or ILR. I am just looking to get some work ex. in UK and get back my money that I had already spent....

Can any body lead me to the exact information about my particular case?

Any one plz guide me on this....

Any timely advice is welcome....

:?: :?: :?:

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:39 pm

You have a valid visa, hence you can enter and work in UK.

You may have to convince Immigration officer at airport, why didn't use your visa earlier and why are you entering now. You will have to convince that you will retrun back at the end of the visa and have no desire to extend. Its all about adressing questions of IO.

You do not need any other information on this question :-)

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Tier 1 is not meant for visiting, it is meant for working. If you arrive and tell the immigration officer you are here for a "visit" it is likely to create issues.

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:15 pm

@ cskmail,

You might want to make a note of this. If you get in by February with a job, you have about 8 months left on your Tier 1 visa.

Although you don't plan on ILR, but if you plan on applying for an extension in September, then you are going to have to show earning proofs, which means you should have your eligible earnings for that 8 month period.

Another thing, I hear is employers make sure that you have atleast 12 months on your visa, before offering you permanent employment. Am not so sure about contracting though.

Just be aware so you are prepared. Good Luck.