ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Future of T1g

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anil_ch
Newly Registered

Future of T1g

Post by anil_ch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:01 am

Can any one contemplate about future of Tier1G with reference to applicants outside the UK. Lot of candidates including myself who narrowly missed December 21 deadline for T1G outside UK.
After the demise of HSMP it took some before they started the tier based scheme after making changes to HSMP
Can any one visualize about any scheme in near future similar to TIG/HSMP for candidates outside UK. Home office has not yet update about such prospect.
If you think they will roll out such scheme what will be the time frame of it.

martincyy

Post by martincyy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 am

It seems there won't be something as good as T1 in the near future. There will be 1000 visas for exceptional talents every year, who are elite scientists, artists, and etc. Or people can apply for T1 investor and entrepreneur visa, but I am not sure whether people under these two catergories can take employment or not. The other way is T2, but it is not going to be easy as well.
Last edited by martincyy on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:21 am

Nobody knows and until the UK government announces anything, it will be pure speculation. Just a few years ago, nobody would have envisaged Tier 1 (General) as it simply did not exist. In two years time, the picture could again be completely different, but as has been made very clear, even the government doesn't know what the future will hold. The Conservative government is still fairly new and they have only begun making changes - for now, the only thing that they can tell you is that Tier 1 (General) is completely scrapped without any intention of replacing it. However, in a year's time the story might be different.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:39 am

I would personally prefer to wait till the UKBA/Govt announces something officially rather than sit and speculate.

Cheers!

anil_ch
Newly Registered

Post by anil_ch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:38 pm

agree with you all. Any speculation will be difficult
But
Skilled people from all over the world have big share in the UK's economy and authorities also know this fact. It would be difficult to postponed such schemes for indefinite period.

martincyy

Post by martincyy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:48 pm

anil_ch wrote:agree with you all. Any speculation will be difficult
But
Skilled people from all over the world have big share in the UK's economy and authorities also know this fact. It would be difficult to postponed such schemes for indefinite period.
If any business need to recruite non-EU staff, they can still use T2.

NeoZ

Post by NeoZ » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Tier1 - Closed and by all available information, will never see life again. (Nothing even remotely similar will be seen as well, .i.e. economic immigration without cap based on personal attributes and no job offer, that is over)

Tier2 - With annual reviews, people will get caps at different numbers, similar to US H1. Business will never complain as they are okay with Teir2's current form.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:16 pm

anil_ch wrote:agree with you all. Any speculation will be difficult
But
The question here is 'Difficult to who?'. Essentially, they might want their own citizens to have the biggest share in the economy going forward.
So going back to the initial point, we would do ourselves a good deal of benefit by waiting for an official announcement.

FC

sojan

Post by sojan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:43 pm

My personal opinion is T1G as such might not come again (in next couple of years atleast), but have to see how the situation of economy goes and the unemployment figure moves.

Few things which you could follow
1. Watch how they are planning for student route. It's a very political/economical challenge in front of them. Plan of higher studies if possible and move accordingly.

2. Also in the meantime, there are other countries in Europe who still have straight forward Visa Rules. If you are eligible and hardworker, you could still move there and later join UK.

not sure if these help you, but these are my personal opinion.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:41 pm

My personal opinion is as long as tories are in govt. we will not see anything like T1(G) but you never know.

ukukukuk2011

Re: Future of T1g

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:44 pm

The Labour government made a big mistake and it is a acceptable fact
They just gave entry to anyone without even analyzing the current UK market .

Thus came in a lot of people and the Home office was not even aware of the count and was a disaster when their report was published ...

So if it was a controlled entry from begining , tier 1 would have lived .

Just be happy that UK is not harsh as US where there is no concept like Tier1.

And mind you, Most business establishments in offshoring onsiting models are very happy that T1 is going because the guys whom they invest can never now leave them and So most business are Happy with this decision .

So chances of T1 coming back is a dream ....unless Labour comes back ..They will never come back as Local people have started hating their easy policy toward immigration

anil_ch wrote:Can any one contemplate about future of Tier1G with reference to applicants outside the UK. Lot of candidates including myself who narrowly missed December 21 deadline for T1G outside UK.
After the demise of HSMP it took some before they started the tier based scheme after making changes to HSMP
Can any one visualize about any scheme in near future similar to TIG/HSMP for candidates outside UK. Home office has not yet update about such prospect.

Santoshj19
Newly Registered

Post by Santoshj19 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:45 am

anil_ch wrote:Can any one contemplate about future of Tier1G with reference to applicants outside the UK. Lot of candidates including myself who narrowly missed December 21 deadline for T1G outside UK.
If economy goes well then from April 2012 u can expect T1g back in place like it was before 23rd dec 2010.
But now only wait for good economic recovery,

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Santoshj19 wrote: If economy goes well then from April 2012 u can expect T1g back in place like it was before 23rd dec 2010.
I disagree it as it's removal was not made for economic reasons, rather based on anti immigration sentiment.

martincyy

Post by martincyy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:48 pm

wf wrote:
Santoshj19 wrote: If economy goes well then from April 2012 u can expect T1g back in place like it was before 23rd dec 2010.
I disagree it as it's removal was not made for economic reasons, rather based on anti immigration sentiment.
I agree with you. Even the economy gets better, nothing will change if Tory is still there.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:29 pm

The earliest we might see any changes in T1G, if any will be around 2014-15 but again you never know!