ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate translation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yaelhitch

Marriage certificate translation

Post by yaelhitch » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:40 pm

My husband is applying for his ILR in april but our marriage certifficate is in French, how do we get it translated in order to for it to go into the application? and roughly how much does it cost

fhumbert

Post by fhumbert » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:58 pm

visit www.ambafrance-uk.org. The French Embassy or consulate normally hold a list of approved translators. They would be the ones approved to translate English documents into French, but I am sure they can also do it the other way round.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:01 pm

just been reading through the application form and unless i have made a mistake it says that you only need to send in your marriage certifficate if you didn't intitally come to the UK on a marriage visa and got married whilst staying here.
My husband applied for a spouse visa and we were all ready married so do we need to send it in?