ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect/wrong information on SAR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

desi724
Newly Registered

Incorrect/wrong information on SAR

Post by desi724 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Hello,

I plan to apply for ILR and for that reason have already received my SAR, but to my surprise the information recorded on my SAR is incorrect.

I have been in UK since Jan 2001 and carried out my first extension in Jan 2002 by visiting the Croydon centre - however on my SAR its recorded as if I have carried out my first extension in 2003.

I do have my passports offcourse since from day one with all valid visas including entry and exits stamps.

I'll be posting my application soon through my solicitor and solicitor has assured me that it is not a problem as its all recorded in the passports.

Has any one experienced any such thing? Please advice.

joh118

Re: Incorrect/wrong information on SAR

Post by joh118 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:41 pm

desi724 wrote:Hello,

I plan to apply for ILR and for that reason have already received my SAR, but to my surprise the information recorded on my SAR is incorrect.

I have been in UK since Jan 2001 and carried out my first extension in Jan 2002 by visiting the Croydon centre - however on my SAR its recorded as if I have carried out my first extension in 2003.

I do have my passports offcourse since from day one with all valid visas including entry and exits stamps.

I'll be posting my application soon through my solicitor and solicitor has assured me that it is not a problem as its all recorded in the passports.

Your solicitor is right.

In my case, I had got visas at the airport when I arrived in 1999 until 2002. (in the good old days when you could get long-term visas at airports!) I always left before my visa finished and I got a new one every time I came to UK at the airport. When I got got SAR file, none of these long-term visas that I got at the airport where indicated. Therefore, if you got your visa at the airport when you arrived, it probably won't show on your SAR file. (Although they did find a scanned copy of a landing card back in 1999!)

My SAR file only really starts from my first postal application in 2002 as well. Therefore you will need to show the stamps in your passport before then as proof of lawful residence! Make sure you make photocopies of them before posting!

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:47 pm

desi724 wrote:Hello,

dont worry, if you have passport with all stamps, there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

just shows that UKBA are not great with record keeping!

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:27 pm

joh118 wrote: In my case, I had got visas at the airport when I arrived in 1999 until 2002. (in the good old days when you could get long-term visas at airports!)
Just out of interest, what type of long term visa(s) could you apply for at the airport?