ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost job in Tier-2 ICT - Can I apply for Tier-1 ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

drock
Newly Registered

Lost job in Tier-2 ICT - Can I apply for Tier-1 ?

Post by drock » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:13 am

I have lost my job and was on Tier-2 Intra Company Transfer visa.

I believe I now have 60 days in my hand to leave UK.

I wanted to process my Tier-1 visa by that time as I saw that the Tier-1 is still being accepted from within UK.

Can anyone please let me know whether I can really get a Tier-1 and what is a good agency to contact to apply for the visa ? Also how much time is Tier-1 visa processing taking nowadays in 2011 and what is a chance of acceptance ? I have lived in UK for 8 months, work in IT job, had a salary of 46K pa and have around 10,000 in my bank account in UK. How much does Tier-1 cost for switching from Tier2 ICT ? I checked it to be around 800 for the main applicant and 250 for the dependents, is both main applicant and dependents applied together ?

geriatrix

Re: Lost job in Tier-2 ICT - Can I apply for Tier-1 ?

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:02 pm

drock wrote:can really get a Tier-1
You will, if you qualify.
drock wrote:how much time is Tier-1 visa processing taking nowadays in 2011
Browse through this topic.
drock wrote:what is a chance of acceptance?
If you make a valid application it will be accepted (100%), and if you qualify and provide evidence(s) to support your claims, your application will be approved (100%). Else, 0%!

Read the policy guidance and the application form carefully.

regards

drock
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by drock » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:41 pm

I qualify, I score 85 points, meet the maintenance of fund (3200+1600 per dependents) and have necessary documents. I spoke to the rep on the workpermit.com and confirmed.

However, I wanted to know if my company voids my Tier-2 sponsorship by reporting to homeoffice BEFORE I could apply for the Tier-1, then does it not reject my application automatically ? Or do I then get a chance because I have 60 days grace period in UK after my Tier-2 is cancelled ?

Also, when I apply for Tier-1, I understand I submit my passport along with the application, does it come back with a stamped visa on the passport or the biometric card ? Sorry, I am probably asking questions that I could research and find out, please bear with me, I am still coping up with the things on my personal front.

drock
Newly Registered

Post by drock » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:49 pm

One question, if I get my Tier-1 visa approved, do I have to go to my home country India and come back within 3 months for the entry stamp ? Or is there any restrictions whatsover about the usage of the visa ?

geriatrix

Re: Thanks

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:11 pm

drock wrote:However, I wanted to know if my company voids my Tier-2 sponsorship by reporting to homeoffice BEFORE I could apply for the Tier-1, then does it not reject my application automatically ? Or do I then get a chance because I have 60 days grace period in UK after my Tier-2 is cancelled ?
Informing UKBA about termination of sponsorship is an employer responsibility, but this doesn't necessarily mean that your (remaining) leave will definitely be curtailed / cancelled by UKBA. See If your job ends.
drock wrote:Also, when I apply for Tier-1, I understand I submit my passport along with the application, does it come back with a stamped visa on the passport or the biometric card ?
Tier 1 (General) leave is now issued in the form of BRP, and not as a vignette / stamp in the passport. But you'll need to submit your passport(s) with the application.
drock wrote:One question, if I get my Tier-1 visa approved, do I have to go to my home country India and come back within 3 months for the entry stamp ? Or is there any restrictions whatsover about the usage of the visa ?
You'll be issued leave to remain (a valid visa), and therefore there is no need to travel to home country to apply for entry clearance.

regards

ChetanOjha

Re: Thanks

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:18 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
drock wrote:However, I wanted to know if my company voids my Tier-2 sponsorship by reporting to homeoffice BEFORE I could apply for the Tier-1, then does it not reject my application automatically ? Or do I then get a chance because I have 60 days grace period in UK after my Tier-2 is cancelled ?
Informing UKBA about termination of sponsorship is an employer responsibility, but this doesn't necessarily mean that your (remaining) leave will definitely be curtailed / cancelled by UKBA. See If your job ends.
Addition to what sushdmehta has posted above, you should try to apply before your company cancel your visa. You will have leave to remain till decision is made on your Tier-1 application.

drock
Newly Registered

Thanks again

Post by drock » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:14 am

I am probably going to London on mid next week to file my Tier-1 application through any consultant, have contacted a few and their rates around generally 1000 but a couple of them said 300 or so (no same day service). Is that a money well spent considering I am quite novice in terms of applying a visa etc ? Nevertheless I will apply for my Tier-1 before my present company voids my Tier-2 (which is unlikely to happen until atleast 8-10 more days).

As per my understanding, if I filed my Tier-1, I won't be able to go back to India when my present company asks me to, but knowing I "may" have 60 days grace period and also the fact my Tier-1 is "being processed" I will be legal in UK even if my employment is revoked.

On the other hand, how common is it for employers in UK to hire a skilled resource and file for Tier-2 change of employment. I did speak to couple of agencies yesterday and yet to hear back from the main employers on their consent on Tier-2 change of employment, but can someone tell me is that a viable option if I don't want to get into the Tier-1 process which costs atleast about 2000 pounds ?

akash08

Re: Thanks again

Post by akash08 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:21 am

drock wrote:I am probably going to London on mid next week to file my Tier-1 application through any consultant, have contacted a few and their rates around generally 1000 but a couple of them said 300 or so (no same day service). Is that a money well spent considering I am quite novice in terms of applying a visa etc ? Nevertheless I will apply for my Tier-1 before my present company voids my Tier-2 (which is unlikely to happen until atleast 8-10 more days).

As per my understanding, if I filed my Tier-1, I won't be able to go back to India when my present company asks me to, but knowing I "may" have 60 days grace period and also the fact my Tier-1 is "being processed" I will be legal in UK even if my employment is revoked.

On the other hand, how common is it for employers in UK to hire a skilled resource and file for Tier-2 change of employment. I did speak to couple of agencies yesterday and yet to hear back from the main employers on their consent on Tier-2 change of employment, but can someone tell me is that a viable option if I don't want to get into the Tier-1 process which costs atleast about 2000 pounds ?
Tier 2 change of employment is the last prferred option for an employer. They would opt for it only if they can not get anyone else.. So,ask yourself.. is your skill that demanding that th employer would take the trouble?

Tier 1 is a good option but going through an agent and dishing out £1000 extra is not that intelligent option..They do nothing that you can not do..