ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

retain rights !! or PR !!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

armanibloke
Newly Registered

retain rights !! or PR !!

Post by armanibloke » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Hello everyone i hope i can get some help from this site.

I got married to EEA member in Nov2006 since that time we been living 2gether, i got my 5 years resident it will exp july2012
me and my wife we already on the procces of the divorce we started the divorce procces like a month ago . so after getting the divorce (absolute).
is that good thing to just wait and apply for my PR after the 5 years finish . or shall i just apply to retain the right of residence !!!
note that i have got everything to prove that she is been working part time and i been working full time all this period and we been living 2gether all this time.
or can i apply for my PR in Nov2011 coz i got married in Nov2006 !!

thank you guys

armanibloke
Newly Registered

Re: retain rights !! or PR !!

Post by armanibloke » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:47 pm

armanibloke wrote:Hello everyone i hope i can get some help from this site.

I got married to EEA member in Nov2006 since that time we been living 2gether, i got my 5 years resident it will exp july2012
me and my wife we already on the procces of the divorce we started the divorce procces like a month ago . so after getting the divorce (absolute).
is that good thing to just wait and apply for my PR after the 5 years finish . or shall i just apply to retain the right of residence !!!
note that i have got everything to prove that she is been working part time and i been working full time all this period and we been living 2gether all this time.
or can i apply for my PR in Nov2011 coz i got married in Nov2006 !!

thank you guys
any answer guys

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:42 pm

generally it would be good to apply for retaining the rights of residence first before applying for PR. But since you will be eligible for PR in Nov 2011, you can actually just apply for PR and provide all the documents.
The Most Important being proof of the EEA national exercising treaty rights from initiation of the divorce until the grant of decree absolute.

armanibloke
Newly Registered

Post by armanibloke » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:54 pm

bobobo wrote:generally it would be good to apply for retaining the rights of residence first before applying for PR. But since you will be eligible for PR in Nov 2011, you can actually just apply for PR and provide all the documents.
The Most Important being proof of the EEA national exercising treaty rights from initiation of the divorce until the grant of decree absolute.
Thx for your replay bobobo
So If I apply first to retain my rights , would I need my ex wife document again ones I apply for my PR .
Thank you

giuseppenero

divorce

Post by giuseppenero » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:46 am

Dear Armanibloke. Although I haven't read it completely, you should
visit the Uk Border Agency website. You should find some direction to your
problem at:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... nshipends/

I think you HAVE to report the break up under the law but it will not
necessarily have negative consequences. In fact, if yuu don't report and get found out, it could be worse for you.
Good Luck
:)