ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

registration certificate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

giuseppenero

registration certificate

Post by giuseppenero » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 am

I am an EEA (EU) National thinking of moving to UK: What is a registration certificate and does it fit in a wallet? Is it like an Italian identity card with a picture? Although EEA nationals are not obliged by law to get it in order to confirm their right of residency in UK, what would be the advantage of voluntarily getting it and, any disadvantages of NOT having it?
For example, does one need it to access the public health system?
Thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:38 am

It's almost useless (only possible use I am aware of is if you have non-EEA family members and travel to other EEA member states). It is a sticker endorsed on a piece of (stiff) paper that can be folded three times and thus fill fit into the typical wallet. You are not required to carry ID in the UK.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:41 am

I am not aware of any advantages of having (or disadvantages of not having) a registration certificate.

Your EU (Italian in your case apparently) passport (or ID card) opens all the doors for you.

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:30 pm

I don't see real purpose of registration certificate either....
I think either they tried to keep record of how many EU worker are here.... OR
They tried to make money out of it...

In anyway its been a formality... my first hand experience...

But i wanna add that some time ago, one of my friend was offered a job, but they put her on hold until she brought WRC...

But this requirement is hopefully(not sure) abolishing soon,
so there is question here..... Was this even lawful on the first place, as its not a free application?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:04 pm

jackEM wrote:But i wanna add that some time ago, one of my friend was offered a job, but they put her on hold until she brought WRC...

But this requirement is hopefully(not sure) abolishing soon
If you actually mean WRS then this obviously does not apply to an Italian citizen. Besides, the WRS registers a particular employer so your story doesn't make much sense. WRS registrations do indeed cost money and that's obviously part of the transitional arrangments for A8 nationals. The WRS will cease to exist from May, 2011.

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Right. My apologies.
Thankx 86ti

giuseppenero

Post by giuseppenero » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks. You guys could teach some gov't. agencies a thing or two about client service. Top marks....especially to Guru...a shoe-in for dept. manager.