ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non-EEA spouse of EEA national offered job in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tommy14
Newly Registered

non-EEA spouse of EEA national offered job in Ireland

Post by Tommy14 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:56 am

Complex case:

-I am an American married to an EEA national, legally resident in Spain through "family member of a citizen of the union"

-I have been offered a job in Dublin- contingent on my legal working status in Ireland-

-The company wants me there ASAP

There are several ways of going about this:

1. Get stamp4 EUfam- This is tough as my wife is not resident in Ireland (obviously), so she theoretically would have to move there apply for a PPS number (which she would need a residence) then I would have to apply for the stamp. I have read that this could take 6 months- I can spare MAYBE a couple of weeks and ONLY with a guarantee I would secure the stamp.

2. Green Card- My salary would fall under the 30-60,000€ range and it is a sales job (which apparently makes me ineligible) HOWEVER it is a sales job with an IT company. The current processing time is 3 weeks for this.

3. Straight employee permit- I cannot find much information, but the current processing time is 3 months, and I do not have that much time.

4. Employee work transfer- The company has a large branch in my current country. I thought that they could hire me here and then transfer me, although you apparently need 12 months employment with said company to be eligible. Loopholes??????

Does anyone know the timeline to get the STAMP 4 EUfam, how difficult it is to procure, and if I can apply from outside of Ireland?

Any other personal experiences would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

Cheers to all!