ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overdraft used in Salary Account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

teddy0409

Overdraft used in Salary Account

Post by teddy0409 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Dear Moderators and Senior Members,
Could you please advise the following,

Iam having maintanence fund of £800+ for more than three months in one account,

My salary account is overdrawn everymonth,
The following post says it is an issue after getting response from PBS Operational Policy Unit,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... eev++kumar

any advice will be helpful

Thanks in advance
If Not We, Then Who?

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:37 am

Any suggestions/advice will be much appreciated.
If Not We, Then Who?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:07 am

if you are submitting both sets of statements then yes it will be an issue. Your balance for the period will be the total amount you have across both accounts. If one account is overdrawn then this will come off the amount you have in the other account.

If you are having to use your overdraft from your salary account to have the funds in your other account then you don't have the funds.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:22 am

I would agree. Also, it may be better to get a letter for the Funds account stating the minimum balance. Then the overdrawn Salary account can not be netted off.

Altho, this may raise questions also. So I think it too would be gamble.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:54 am

chosenaik wrote:I would agree. Also, it may be better to get a letter for the Funds account stating the minimum balance. Then the overdrawn Salary account can not be netted off.

I don't understand. If the letter states the same minimum balance as appears on the statement how will this help. The overdrawn amount will be still be taken from this minimum balance

whybi
Newly Registered

Post by whybi » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:52 pm

I was in a similar situation, when I applied for my Tier 1 last October. It'd be dependant on the case workers but I was able to obtain the Tier 1.

I had a separate account for £800 maintenance funds and another account, where I received the salary payments and which was quite often in debit balance (but with overdraft facility).

If your bank account, which you used for the salary payments, is with an overdraft facility, and the balance of the account was in debit balance but within the overdraft limit, then, it should not be a problem. However, if the account was genuinely overdrawn (e.g. account without an overdraft facility or balance has gone over the overdraft facility limit), then, it will be definitely a problem.

Having said that, I would recommend to label it clearly, so that, the case worker will use the given bankstatements for the given specific purpose (Maintenance funds vs salary payments).

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Dear Greenie, chosenaik, whybi ;
Thanks for your respective replies,

Iam having two accounts as i said before one with lloyds and the other with halifax, both having agreed overdraft facility to use.

Lloyds is my oldest account covering past 8 months salary in it with 800+ all the time.

Recently (4 months before) i opened an account with halifax and made it as my salary account (my office is using halifax hence salary will be credited on the same day, rather than 3-5 working days with Lloyds).

My account is having a minimum of 800+ in Lloyds account from febraury 2010 to till date. I have also received a letter from lloyds stating funds are 800+ since feb2010.

[This is just to say, Overdraft from halifax (salary a/c) is not being used for funding Lloyds (maintanence a/c) account]

So far, i was in an impression that Arranged overdraft facilities are similar to Loan facility. That is the reason i used the o/d facility quite often, Since iam maintaining the 800+ in different account.

If the caseworker, does the calculation by summing up both the accounts to establish the minimum balance and refuse my application then i will challenge them,

Kind Regards
If Not We, Then Who?

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:23 pm

I would like to bring notice to the reply in the above thread. If you do not submit the bank statement of the overdrwan bank account, it will not be considered as a part of your maintenance fund. I would suggest to submit the statement of bank account where you are maintaining higher sum.

People do have different account for the purpose of savings and it is perfectly fine to use the savings againt maintenance funds.
Thank you for your email.

We cannot comment on specific cases or advise as to whether a specific application will satisfy the criteria. I can confirm however that all bank documents submitted with an application are considered when assessing maintenance. Where evidence from two or more accounts is submitted we will consider the funds available to the applicant to be the aggregate balance of these accounts.

For example if one account is £3000 in credit and the second account is £1000 overdrawn, we would consider the applicant to have £2000 of funds available to them.

I hope this helps to clarify our policy in this area.

Kind regards

Tom Houghton

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks for your response,

As I have to show my salary account for my earning, I have no other choice other than to show them (the overdrawn bank account),

While going through this forum few people have informed that they have received their visa with out any issue even with overdrawn status in salary account.

It could be helpful , if the members share their experience here.
[Those who have received their visa with overdrawn salary account]

Regards
If Not We, Then Who?

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:50 am

Dear members,

I have received my visa approval today, and hence I can confirm that the overdraft used in the salary account is not affecting my maintenance status,
I have previously shown one account for evidence of salary with overdraft (Overdrawn) and another for maintenance purpose,

Hope this helps many other members who have already applied or willing to apply in the future and answers the speculation about using overdraft in the salary account (which is not shown as maintenance funds)

Kind Regards
If Not We, Then Who?

revanth667

hi

Post by revanth667 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:12 pm

it depends on case worker who deals with ur file. if you are lucky enough to get a visa u will get. some case workers dont go in detail, but he or she is a senior case worker they just go according to rules (even though they are wrong). my account was o/d by 177£. still waiting for result. some case workers dont even cross check ur documents. my friend did some errors with his documentation and still he got his visa.[/quote]
R

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 14, 2011 6:50 pm

teddy0409 wrote:I can confirm that the overdraft used in the salary account is not affecting my maintenance status,
You can only confirm that in your case the caseworker assigned to your application did not take into consideration any negative balance in your account (overdraft). If this post reflects the UKBA policy on the issue of accounts in overdraft, then you should consider yourself fortunate.

That others will also be as fortunate is unknown - to you or anyone else! Asserting that your success reflects UKBA policy is neither accurate nor helpful for others.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

revanth667

right sushdmehta

Post by revanth667 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:40 pm

talking about UKBA policy, one of my friends tier-1 g application was rejected by UKBA saying that his accountant was not registered (even though his accountant was CIMA member), and other friend of mine got visa where his accountant was not a member of any professional bodies. its more like being lucky to get a visa,
R

revanth667

got visa

Post by revanth667 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:31 am

Hi friends,

I got my visa today even though my salary account was in over draft. I showed 800£ funds in another account.

Thanks
R

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu May 19, 2011 11:44 am

sushdmehta wrote:
teddy0409 wrote:I can confirm that the overdraft used in the salary account is not affecting my maintenance status,
You can only confirm that in your case the caseworker assigned to your application did not take into consideration any negative balance in your account (overdraft). If this post reflects the UKBA policy on the issue of accounts in overdraft, then you should consider yourself fortunate.

That others will also be as fortunate is unknown - to you or anyone else! Asserting that your success reflects UKBA policy is neither accurate nor helpful for others.
I completely agree with sushdmehta.