ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Enrolment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kalpitsom

Biometric Enrolment

Post by kalpitsom » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:52 pm

hi everyone,

I got the biometric enrolment letter for my 'Tier1 Extension' and tried to make an appointment for the same but couldn't get any within required 15 working day timescale, so I have booked the appointment for the next available date which is on the 17th working day from the date of letter.
My question is - Do I need to inform the Home Office that I couldn't make the appointment in 15 working day timescale and so have booked for the next availabe date?

Thanks for your time

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Not required.
It says to book an appointment within 15 days, not to have an appointment within 15 days.
The letter clearly mentioned this information.

kalpitsom

Post by kalpitsom » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm

thanks for the reply.
But in the letter it is written that "You have up to 15 working days (from the date of this letter) to enroll your biometrics, otherwise your application may be rejected as invalid".
According to this para we need to enroll our biometrics within 15 working days, not only have a booking date which may or may not fall withing that required 15 working days. pls correct me if I am wrong.

thanks for your valuable time again

kalpitsom

Post by kalpitsom » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 pm

seniors pls help to clear the doubt

dark_horse
Newly Registered

Post by dark_horse » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 am

kalpitsom wrote:thanks for the reply.
But in the letter it is written that "You have up to 15 working days (from the date of this letter) to enroll your biometrics, otherwise your application may be rejected as invalid".
According to this para we need to enroll our biometrics within 15 working days, not only have a booking date which may or may not fall withing that required 15 working days. pls correct me if I am wrong.

I am in the same situation. there is a gap of 20 working days between receipt of letter and my biometric appointment. The call centre person booking the appointment told me to ignore the 15 days limit as I had booked an appointment.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:45 am

kalpitsom wrote:thanks for the reply.

It also says on page two of the letter

"Please note that if we are not able to offer you an appointment within the 15 working day timescale because all the appointments are fully booked in your preferred location, then you must select the next available appointment. If this happens please be reassured that your application will not be affected as the UK Border Agency understands that the situation is beyond your control"

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:02 am

I'm also in the same situation, earliest i could get the appointment is on 6th May 2011, is it possible to provide Biometric details in Post Office (say Oxford PO)?

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:08 am

lokesh wrote:I'm also in the same situation, earliest i could get the appointment is on 6th May 2011, is it possible to provide Biometric details in Post Office (say Oxford PO)?
Just called HO and they said Post Office option is only for individual applicant and not for Family Applicant(Myself and my wife), so i have to go for one of their Biometric center, earliest date i could get is on 9th May in Birmingham(checked both in phone and online) and i went for that option.

Also she clarified there should not be a problem in booking a biometric appointment after 15 working days, HO is aware of the delay and will not reject on the basis of 15working days time limit.....