ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration of Minor - Should I apply?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mishbha
Newly Registered

Registration of Minor - Should I apply?

Post by mishbha » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 am

Hi Everyone,

My husband is applying for his Naturalisation after 1 year of his ILR now(5-years completed - HSMP JR+ILR) and my daughter of 3 years is on his dependant and has also got her ILR along with my husband last year. She was born outside UK and before he got ILR. I have been in UK now for almost 6 years, first on my empoyer's WP and then on Spouse Visa since last year and due for my ILR next year(Did not apply for ILR yet as I had a break for more than 6 months in one instance).

My question is whether we should apply for our daughter's registration as a British Citizen now along with my husband's application? I understand from the MN1 guide that the other parent should also be settled, but I read in some Case worker's guidelines that they can approve the child's registration based on their discretion if there is no reason to believe that the other parent(Not settled) would not be settled in UK in future. Have also gone through this success story(below), but still not sure what to do.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 48e8bfaa85

Please can JAJ and other senior people advise.

Thanks

malli

Post by malli » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:17 am

yes she can apply with her father