ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 application procedure

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tommy14
Newly Registered

EU1 application procedure

Post by Tommy14 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:24 am

Hello All,

I am a non-EEA with an EEA spouse (Slovakia).

I have been offered a job in Ireland. I will be leaving my current job in Spain to accept it. My wife is planning to come to Ireland, apply for her PPS number/do all the steps EEA folks have to do then return to Spain, until I get the Stamp 4 (a little naughty I know, but she has a job here).

One of the terms is that I apply for the EU1- receive Stamp 4- Get PPS number, etc.. This obviously is the only way to enable me to work.

I have seen numerous posts on here and spoken to several government officials. The information seems to be convoluted at best.

EU treaty rights section of INIS tells me that everything has to be sent in by post, while other posters on here say that it has to be done in person.

Could someone, who has been in a similar situation please shed some light on this for me?

Please do not post EU directives, government links telling me I have the right to work there. I already know about this. I want someone with first or second hand experience please.

Many thanks.

fatty patty

Re: EU1 application procedure

Post by fatty patty » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Tommy14 wrote:Hello All,

I am a non-EEA with an EEA spouse (Slovakia).

I have been offered a job in Ireland. I will be leaving my current job in Spain to accept it. My wife is planning to come to Ireland, apply for her PPS number/do all the steps EEA folks have to do then return to Spain, until I get the Stamp 4 (a little naughty I know, but she has a job here).

One of the terms is that I apply for the EU1- receive Stamp 4- Get PPS number, etc.. This obviously is the only way to enable me to work.

I have seen numerous posts on here and spoken to several government officials. The information seems to be convoluted at best.

EU treaty rights section of INIS tells me that everything has to be sent in by post, while other posters on here say that it has to be done in person.

Could someone, who has been in a similar situation please shed some light on this for me?

Please do not post EU directives, government links telling me I have the right to work there. I already know about this. I want someone with first or second hand experience please.

Many thanks.
You can either register post your complete app to INIS or hand it in person on the counter in Dublin office. Not sure they do accept it on the counter anymore but a year or two ago they used to. Anyway the app process will take around 6 months and you will be given a temp EUFAM4 which will enable you to work.

Tommy14
Newly Registered

Post by Tommy14 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks Patty. The temporary stamp 4EUfam takes around 2 weeks to come, correct?

My wife probably will not have a job by then, as we will send in the materials as soon as we arrive in Dublin. Can she register as a job seeker or something similar to indicate she is exercising her EU treaty rights? This is obviously only for the short term as she will get a job quite soon.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: EU1 application procedure

Post by Ben » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Tommy14 wrote:I have been offered a job in Ireland. I will be leaving my current job in Spain to accept it. My wife is planning to come to Ireland, apply for her PPS number/do all the steps EEA folks have to do then return to Spain, until I get the Stamp 4 (a little naughty I know, but she has a job here).
Sorry Tommy, but your arrogance is shocking.

Unless your wife is exercising a Treaty right in Ireland, you have no right to live here, let alone work here.

There are people who do have the right to live and work in Ireland, but are struggling to find work and are suffering the incompetence of the Department of Justice.

You write as if you can just waltz in, get Stamp 4 and illegally take up employment while thousands with the right to work are unemployed.

I suggest you stay in Spain Tommy. I hear their economic situation is much better than Ireland's.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Tommy14 wrote:Thanks Patty. The temporary stamp 4EUfam takes around 2 weeks to come, correct?

My wife probably will not have a job by then, as we will send in the materials as soon as we arrive in Dublin. Can she register as a job seeker or something similar to indicate she is exercising her EU treaty rights? This is obviously only for the short term as she will get a job quite soon.
The app process is stated on the boards around here and you can search it regarding the app process, but my understanding to this is that EU citizen must be exercising their treaty rights (meaning work or full time study or self sufficient with comprehensive insurance) to be able to get their non-eu dependents the stay. No otherway around it. Also INIS sometimes ask for additional documentation or updates regarding payslips/docs within that app process.