ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 General Dependant visa application from India

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

Tier2 General Dependant visa application from India

Post by harsha7kp » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:33 am

Hi,
From December 2010, we are now asked to fill the application form online for Tier 2 visas including dependant visa. Once we fill in the form, we are automatically taken to a page where we can choose the appointment date on a calendar. So this means that we have to submit our online application form to get the appointment picker page.
My issue is as follows -
I will be getting married on April 25th and would ideally like to apply for Tier2 Dependant visa on 26th April. So I have filled up the application form and in the end of the application form, we have a "Declaration" section/page. This page comes up automatically with today's date i.e., when the form gets submitted, the declaration date will be todays date. But as of today, Im not yet married and my fiancee declaring that she is married to me in the online form dated today, would perhaps be legally "wrong". Without this declaration form, my fiancee cannot proceed to the Appointment booking page.
How do we get around this? I would want her to book an appointment before hand i.e., before we get married for a date just after our marriage.
If we decide to submit the application form after our marriage, then we will have to wait for the appointment at Bangalore visa centre for probably atleast a week which will delay our travel date.
Any suggestions?
Also, any idea what is the waiting time to get an appointment for Bangalore VFS centre?

Thanks