ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa for My Mother Please Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

t4tahir
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa for My Mother Please Help

Post by t4tahir » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi All ,

I have ILR and would like to sponsor my mother for Dependant Visa.

Previously i have applied her Visit Visa twice and she was rejected with the reason that she is financially dependent on me and she have no one in Pakistan ( as my younger brother is in Dubai ) neither she have any property with good value to show her strong connection to country she is living in .

and she might dont go back after she come to UK. but at that time i had no ILR and i was not able to apply her Dependent Visa.

She is widow , and 53 Years old and working as professor in UNI.

I have good job and can show easily that i can financially support her and take care of her without claiming any benefit from government.

Can anyone tell me how i can proceed with her application ? or if anyone know any lawyer who can take this case as No Win No Fee ?

Regards
Tahir

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:19 pm

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersa ... relatives/

As she is 53 - what are her "exceptional compassionate circumstances"?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:21 pm

also if she works as a professor in a uni how is she financially dependent on you?

geriatrix

Re: Dependant Visa for My Mother Please Help

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:22 pm

t4tahir wrote:She is widow , and 53 Years old and working as professor in UNI.
If she is working in a University as a professor, how is she dependant on you - in context of either visitor visa or settlement visa?

Or did you not disclose this fact in the visitor visa application, hoping for a favourable result in absence of such disclosure?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

t4tahir
Newly Registered

Post by t4tahir » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:24 pm

MPH80@ thanks for quick reply , she is alone and have nobody to take care of her when she is sick and living alone.

Greenie@ she dont earn that much , her salary is 150£ per month and i send 300£ every month

t4tahir
Newly Registered

Post by t4tahir » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi All ,
Thanks for your quick response , i will upload both rejection letters tomorrow as PDF , so you guys can read and guide me something better.

Regards
Tahir

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:35 pm

even if you can show she is wholly or mainly financially dependent on you, as she is under 65 (and way under at that) you need to show that there are exceptional compassionate circumstances, which is a very hard test to meet.

does she actually have an illness or do you mean in general if she gets sick?