ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will UK immigration ban affect visa(s) to EU countries?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

suassooze
Newly Registered

Will UK immigration ban affect visa(s) to EU countries?

Post by suassooze » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:39 pm

hey guyz this iz raj from india , i have been rejected for uk visa and a ban of ten years is imposed on me. :( and untill 2020 my visa applications will be automatically rejected since i had submitted false degree certificates.so on basis of deception they banned me for 10 years .. now my question is does this ban stay for entire european countries like france , germany and italy etc or i am banned from only uk?

and do i stand any chances of getting a schengen visa with proper documents now i mean genuine documents nothing fake this time around ??

please reply

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Re: Will UK immigration ban affect visa(s) to EU countries?

Post by mtuckersa » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:15 pm

suassooze wrote:hey guyz this iz raj from india , i have been rejected for uk visa and a ban of ten years is imposed on me. :( and untill 2020 my visa applications will be automatically rejected since i had submitted false degree certificates.so on basis of deception they banned me for 10 years .. now my question is does this ban stay for entire european countries like france , germany and italy etc or i am banned from only uk?

and do i stand any chances of getting a schengen visa with proper documents now i mean genuine documents nothing fake this time around ??

please reply
Well i hope no one replies to you!! Because of dodgy applicants and bogus colleges and people abusing the system is the reason why there are all these rule changes.

For someone who applied with a fake degree/certificate, do you really think you deserve a reply?? Get real!!

joh118

Post by joh118 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:31 pm

suassooze wrote:hey guyz this iz raj from india , i have been rejected for uk visa and a ban of ten years is imposed on me. :( and untill 2020 my visa applications will be automatically rejected since i had submitted false degree certificates.so on basis of deception they banned me for 10 years .. now my question is does this ban stay for entire european countries like france , germany and italy etc or i am banned from only uk?

please reply
on some EU visa application forms, there may be a question along the lines of "have you been previously refused a visa for any EU countries?" EU countries do share information. so technically, you are only banned from UK but your actions may affect future applications to other EU countries.

shouldn't have done it in the first place is all I can say....

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:25 pm

The UK has access to the Schengen Information System but as far as I know not to immigration related data.

suassooze
Newly Registered

Post by suassooze » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:58 am

@86ti . Thanks so you think my name will not flash up on schengen visa system ? . I contacted an immigration lawyer from london he told that I am only banned from uk . How to know whether my info is on sis or not

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:52 am

Just make new application to EU country and explain in cover letter in this application that you are banned only from UK. Try France, they dont like English and they will be happy to issue you new visa. Just explain in the application that you were banned for false documents in UK for 10 years. They will help you then because historically France often had wars with UK.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:51 am

xleft wrote:Just make new application to EU country and explain in cover letter in this application that you are banned only from UK. Try France, they dont like English and they will be happy to issue you new visa. Just explain in the application that you were banned for false documents in UK for 10 years. They will help you then because historically France often had wars with UK.
I really don't think that will be the case. All decisions for any civilised country is based on laws and rules and I really don't think that French authorities decide on visas based on their supposed dislike of the UK.

On the other hand, if you tell the Iranian authorities, about your story, i'm sure they will let you in!

suassooze
Newly Registered

Post by suassooze » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 pm

@xleft and 86ti - please don make this comical . I need answer regarding my application to france . Uk is not part of schengen area so I think I stand a chance and I don think they can reject my visa unless I provide fraudulent documents again . What say guys ? And one more thing . I m not the only one . There are min 500000 applicants last year who provided false documents for uk and banned for ten years. So my question is if all 50000 0 0 people get rejected by schengen just because they are banned from uk then there will be decline in applicants .

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:41 pm

suassooze wrote:@xleft and 86ti - please don make this comical . I need answer regarding my application to france . Uk is not part of schengen area so I think I stand a chance and I don think they can reject my visa unless I provide fraudulent documents again . What say guys ? And one more thing . I m not the only one . There are min 500000 applicants last year who provided false documents for uk and banned for ten years. So my question is if all 50000 0 0 people get rejected by schengen just because they are banned from uk then there will be decline in applicants .
What was 'comical' about 86ti's reply??? If anything, his answer bordered on a 'positive' note.

mastermind

Post by mastermind » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:20 am

mtuckersa wrote:Well i hope no one replies to you!!
Well, while I believe that we all should abide by laws no matter how good or bad a particular law is, all those arbitrary travel/migration restrictions (based on the notion of "nationality" or whatever) that exist today are something that belong somewhere in the "dark ages". Really, how can you condone such restrictions in a supposedly "free" society?
Therefore I think that the more people "abuse" the "system" the better :lol: (for example in the US alone there are 12M+ "illegal" people already... I wonder how long will it take to abolish the immigration "system" to only reconcile the law with the actuality of the "free world". Get real! 8) )
Not that I advise anyone to break the law but I find it ridiculous to cry shame upon those who do it. (like you did in your post) In fact they are doing a service to us all by slowly (but inevitably) washing out this ridiculous "system" worldwide :lol:
Because of dodgy applicants and bogus colleges and people abusing the system is the reason why there are all these rule changes.
In fact it is because this "system" of arbitrary restrictions exist in the first place all those people do what they do to circumvent it.

suassooze
Newly Registered

Post by suassooze » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:36 am

I just asked one question . Don lag the shit . Whether I will be able to get schengen visa or not if I supply genuine documentation this time ? And if anybody knows general grounds of refusal for schengen visa . Please forward me the link . And also long term student visa form translated in english since I don know french . I will be waiting guys . Thank you

mastermind

Post by mastermind » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:16 am

I do not think that anyone can answer your question as granting a visa is considered a "privilege", so the "system" has a lot of liberty in what it does and does not bother much (if at all) to justify or explain its decisions. Even though there seems to be an appeal process established lately for Schengen visas I doubt it can do much good to an applicant.
I'd say, in your situation the only way to find out is to go ahead and apply. What do you have to loose?

suassooze
Newly Registered

Post by suassooze » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:29 am

yeah ,, i talked with french embassy people in bangalore , they told me they will issue visa on basis of background and curriculum..
i m technically only banned from uk i have told them everything about rejection etc , they ve sent a mail today to apply ..
i want to thank you all for u r support
thank u again

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:31 am

This is funny! I hope UK will never join Shengen Zone.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:26 am

mastermind wrote:
mtuckersa wrote:Well i hope no one replies to you!!
Well, while I believe that we all should abide by laws no matter how good or bad a particular law is, all those arbitrary travel/migration restrictions (based on the notion of "nationality" or whatever) that exist today are something that belong somewhere in the "dark ages". Really, how can you condone such restrictions in a supposedly "free" society?
Therefore I think that the more people "abuse" the "system" the better :lol: (for example in the US alone there are 12M+ "illegal" people already... I wonder how long will it take to abolish the immigration "system" to only reconcile the law with the actuality of the "free world". Get real! 8) )
Not that I advise anyone to break the law but I find it ridiculous to cry shame upon those who do it. (like you did in your post) In fact they are doing a service to us all by slowly (but inevitably) washing out this ridiculous "system" worldwide :lol:
Because of dodgy applicants and bogus colleges and people abusing the system is the reason why there are all these rule changes.
In fact it is because this "system" of arbitrary restrictions exist in the first place all those people do what they do to circumvent it.
flippin' hell you sound like a communist

so people should work hard to build a country/nation that can provide for everyone and then after that just let any tom, dick or harry come in the country that can live off the system?

come on get real

mastermind

Post by mastermind » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:55 am

mtuckersa wrote:flippin' hell you sound like a communist

so people should work hard to build a country/nation that can provide for everyone and then after that just let any tom, dick or harry come in the country that can live off the system?

come on get real
And you call me a communist? Stop building those insane welfare states (which "provide for" someone) and instead build truly liberal economies :lol: Otherwise no one will want to come to these countries soon (except those who want to be "provided for" of course :lol: )
Last edited by mastermind on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:03 am

Two things. Firstly, your passport has a flipping stamp of refusal, any Schengen country would query that and no matter how many genuine docs u provide, it would be harder to obtain the sch visa. However, if u get a new passport without any signs of "wear and tear" :))) then scheng application may be easier. So, get the new passport first and while i dont know 100% if your name will flag up(i doubt it would) u have a chance of getting the sch visa with NEW passport.

Secondly, whoever mentioned borderless world, it wont be practicable as you would be one of the first ones to be crappin yourself on a bus or any building expecting to be blown up! Threat of terrorist movement is real even with borders, u can imagine when there r none...

mastermind

Post by mastermind » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:24 am

Yeah, this crappy favorite argument of defenders of borders/immigration control of security/terrorist concerns must've had to pop up sooner or later.
This is utter bullshit like locking up everyone just because there are some criminals out there.
Borders or no borders there are still plenty of ways to smuggle someone in, so terrorists and criminals are hardly the ones who suffer from these controls as they would not hesitate to opt for illegal options of entry. It's law abiding people who are.

The main real reason of the maintenance of border controls nowadays are pure leftist populistic motives: the "need" to protect jobs and welfare state from foreigners. :lol: So, eventually (and inevitably, IMHO) once the notion that locals are entitled to protectionism will fade away and welfare states will go bust (or, where the politicians are wise, will be reformed to the necessary minimum to cater only to disabled people etc.) the need for immigration controls will naturally die out.
Get real or be honest at least 8)
All that hysteria in "old" EU countries about flood of migrants from "new" ones just confirms that I'm correct. Or maybe they are terrorists too? :lol:
The same goes for the fact that some of the "old" EU states have put temporary restrictions on rights to work for "new" EU citizens.

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Post by eldane » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 am

86ti wrote:The UK has access to the Schengen Information System but as far as I know not to immigration related data.
Blipppp!!!! Almost right. For the time being UK does not participate in immigrational information exchange from the EU but not sure if the information flow the other way back to EU from the UK however, in all other matters they do participate. But that is just a matter of time when they will participate fully with the current government at the steering wheel.

In May 2000 the UK Government application to join the Schengen Convention was approved by the EU. As part of this, the UK has agreed to implement the Schengen Information System (SIS) in the UK. The SIS allows participating countries to exchange information on wanted and missing people, and stolen and missing objects. It also allows for tracing of people for investigations. The system works through a set of alerts, based on Articles in the Convention. The UK will receive all alerts except those relating to refusal of access to the EU, which the UK is not signed up for.

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/showPage ... 87&lang=EN
http://www.npia.police.uk/en/9619.htm

What countries have access to the Schengen Information System?

Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden.

Will the 10 new accession states to the European Union have access to the Schengen Information System?

The 10 new states (Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia) will eventually have access to the Schengen Information System following required system upgrades to increase capacity. Additionally, the UK and the Republic of Ireland will have access to the system.
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

suassooze
Newly Registered

Post by suassooze » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:51 am

i want to know wheter i ll get schengen visa if i submit a flawless application or not.. on wat grounds can the french embassy reject my visa.. if anybody knows the rules please send mt he link

suassooze
Newly Registered

Post by suassooze » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:53 am

i ve been technically banned only fromu uk till 2020 for false documentation.. but i wont repaet this time.. so ii think i stand a chance

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:55 am

mastermind

Post by mastermind » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:04 am

suassooze
Newly Registered

Post by suassooze » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:14 am

@86ti,@mastermind..

wats the conclusion guys..? i read it but there is no clear mentioning that if rejected by uk it does not be automatically rejected by france?

mastermind

Post by mastermind » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:48 am

Well, as I said earlier, apparently the only way to find out is to apply.