ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply at Cardiff for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yaelhitch

Apply at Cardiff for ILR

Post by yaelhitch » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:45 pm

My husband is applying for his ILR as a spouse and we are going to the cardiff office in person, i am so nervous as his first visa 3 years got turned down and had to go through appeal courts etc
does anyone have any epxerinces they could share about going to the cardiff office to apply, were the staff freindly, how long did it take etc

MANILA-PEP
Newly Registered

Post by MANILA-PEP » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Please do not be scared.Just check fo eligibility and documentation.it will surely go well.

ouflak1

Re: Apply at Cardiff for ILR

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:38 pm

yaelhitch wrote:My husband is applying for his ILR as a spouse and we are going to the cardiff office in person, i am so nervous as his first visa 3 years got turned down and had to go through appeal courts etc
does anyone have any epxerinces they could share about going to the cardiff office to apply, were the staff freindly, how long did it take etc
Staff were pretty easy going and nice. It took us about 2 hours before we finally got the news of approval. Twice they came out and asked us a couple of simple questions (don't remember). Once we were called up and told that there may be an issue with my wife's dependent visa only being 9 months long (no issue since I was on a work permit). We paid, got some standard forms regarding ILR, 3 days later our passports (wife, mine and daughter's) came in the post with the endorsements. We took a train down and stayed at a hotel fairly nearby so it was easy to get to the office. I believe my very first post on this forum was actually about my Cardiff experience, so you can just search my posts for that. You can also do a forum search for 'Cardiff' and that should turn the various experiences of others. Good luck.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:51 pm

thanks for the replies, i am feeling a bti more relaxed after reading through some more posts, i think its becasue i had such a bad experince last time that i have been worrying. well only a week to go and then i will know the answer. will keep you all posted as if it wasn't for this forum i don't know where i would have got the support 2 years ago when my husband was refused. thanks again

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:59 pm

If it helps, I have friend in a similar situation to you. Her husband's initial spouse visa was granted on appeal. He applied for his ILR at Cardiff PEO and was issued the visa without a problem. The initial refusal for spouse entry isn't relevant for a SET(M) application.
The PEO staff were friendly. Cardiff send the passport off for the visa to be affixed, which you should then get in the post within a week or so.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:38 pm

that has put my mind at ease, thanks casa

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:21 pm

You're welcome. It's not half as scary as you probably imagine...and once it's over there's nothing quite like that cloud nine feeling! :wink: