ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VERY Urgent! Entering UK before visa valid date

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Daphnoula
Newly Registered

VERY Urgent! Entering UK before visa valid date

Post by Daphnoula » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:05 pm

I recently received a Tier 1(PSW) visa to work in the UK, but it is only valid from 3 weeks prior to the start of my PSW visa valid date - 5th May. I am from Hong Kong, a holder of British National Oversea passport and don't require a visa to enter for tourism. I would like to arrive in the UK in on 11th April to attends a friend's wedding, also looking start to search of jobs. Since I already have a holiday plan to Spain in end of May. Is it possible for me to visit the UK as a tourist before the date of my visa's validity and then, leave the UK on 26th May and re-enter on 28th May once the Tier 1 (PSW) visa is valid?

Can someone please help!!!!

giuseppenero

Post by giuseppenero » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:06 am

Sorry, have no idea. Have you tried asking the office that issued you your work visa? They would know better than anyone, it's their business.