ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa - Anyone received 6 months applying themself?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sojan

Schengen Visa - Anyone received 6 months applying themself?

Post by sojan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Friends,
I was planing to apply schengen via Star tours, but seems the april quota is filled and now need biometrics from april..

Was thinking if we can directly apply to any one of the embassies like Netherlands, Finland etc..
but did anyone get 6 months valid Schengen by applying themselves?
i applied via netherland once and got only 3 months.

Plz can you guide me if you got any details.

cheers

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:03 am

Try French consulate.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:44 am

You have to apply to the country's embassy where you intend to stay longest or if that cannot be determined to the country of first destination. Longer term visa are at the discretion of the embassy. Past travel history, typically to that country, will play a role.

luckyfish
Newly Registered

Post by luckyfish » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:15 pm

I got this on several occasions; Here's what works:

1. In order to qualify for a "multientry" visa, when applying bring 3 ticket reservations spaced across 6 month;
It also worked for me with 2 ticket reservations, but then they may give you a "two times entry" visa instead of multi, which means you could only travel twice!

2. the embassy (of whichever country you apply to) will want to know the address where you're staying, so it's better if you pick a country in which you can give an address of a friend living in that country, and who they could phone and confirm (they will phone most likely...) that you will be staying with him or her. Otherwise if you can't give the embassy a home address, you may be asked to book and pay(!) for hotel reservations during all the duration of your stay.

So, to answer your question: it's best if you apply to a consulate of a country where you have a friend :)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:35 pm

It may be necessary to provide official invitation (not easy in some countries). Not to forget that you should also truly visit that friend otherwise both the traveller and the friend may be in trouble. My previous answer still stands.

sojan

Post by sojan » Sat May 14, 2011 9:04 am

luckyfish wrote:I got this on several occasions; Here's what works:

1. In order to qualify for a "multientry" visa, when applying bring 3 ticket reservations spaced across 6 month;
It also worked for me with 2 ticket reservations, but then they may give you a "two times entry" visa instead of multi, which means you could only travel twice!

2. the embassy (of whichever country you apply to) will want to know the address where you're staying, so it's better if you pick a country in which you can give an address of a friend living in that country, and who they could phone and confirm (they will phone most likely...) that you will be staying with him or her. Otherwise if you can't give the embassy a home address, you may be asked to book and pay(!) for hotel reservations during all the duration of your stay.

So, to answer your question: it's best if you apply to a consulate of a country where you have a friend :)
Hi mate,
thanks for your reply. you said some good points.
I was planning to apply at French embassy, because the chances of getting visa for 6 months is higher.. Will update the thread accordingly.

@86ti, thanks for your reply too.
I had a schengen visa in 2008, and went thru some places in Europe mostly via France. So got 3 stamps. Will more frequent travel give more chance in obtaining 6 months?