ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigrate to Canada from UK as a FSW

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vijayg

Immigrate to Canada from UK as a FSW

Post by vijayg » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:06 am

Hi,

I live in the UK for the last 4 years under Tier-1 General visa and I hold Indian passport. I am working as a Software Test Analyst for the last 4 years.

I want to immigrate to Canada as a FSW. When I checked the NOC, my current job profile is no longer available under NOC list.

But when I spoke to an Immigration Consultant in London recently, I was told that if I have a job offer in Canada before-hand, it is easy to get PR in Canada.

Is it possible to get a job in Canada by applying from UK? I had applied for a few suitable jobs by looking at Canadian job sites, however I did not receive any response.

Is there any workaround to get a job in Canada before-hand?

Please help me.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
Vijay

Richter

Post by Richter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:31 am

These days employers generally want you to have obtained PR before they offer you a job - if you get a job offer without PR there is still a fairly lengthy process to go through which involves input from the company to get residency, and few companies are prepared to wait. It's easier to take on someone already in Canada.

Far fewer people get jobs applying from the UK without residency unless your occupation is really, really in demand (I would imagine medical doctors might be one of the exceptions). The best way to approach is to get out there on a holiday and get to see as many companies as you can. Networking is really big in Canada.

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Hello Richter,

Thank you very much for your answer. It is really helpful.

Cheers,
Vijay

giuseppenero

Post by giuseppenero » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:24 pm

You've been working for 4 yrs. in the UK. Shouldn't you be eligible for UK citizenship soon. Once you get that, the world is your oyster. Why would you not do that first?
Furthermore, what's wrong with living in UK? If you ever need to visit India, Canada would be twice the distance.

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:16 am

Hi giuseppenero,

Thanks for your reply. I am now eligible for PR in UK but still I want to move to Canada.

Is there anyway, we can approach the agents / companies directly in Canada to secure a job first and then apply for PR in Canada?

Please let me know.

Thanks.