ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK bank statements for tier1 dependent from india

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsmp_1476

UK bank statements for tier1 dependent from india

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi,

I need to apply for my daughters tier 1 dependent visa from india. I live in UK (on tier1 general) and have the necessary funds in my UK account.

When I take the statement for this UK accounjt, do I need to get it signed and sealed from the bank staff? Last time I tried this, I had great trouble convincing them and they made a note on my account saying that they will not do this again in future.

Thanks
Vikram

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:47 pm

If these statements you have received via post then no need to get them signed by anyone.

However, if you have printed them from internet banking account then you need to get them signed.

Alternatively, you can request them to send Copy Statement for last 3 months.

Hope this helps.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:45 pm

Thanks Rajesh. I have the original statements received by post. Since I have to apply in India, I am little doubtful if they need to be signed.

If you were to show an original indian bank statement in VFS India, then that should have the sign and seal done on it. Its not the same for UK bank is it?

Thanks
Vikram

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:23 am

Why on earth original needs to be signed or authorised by someone?

Use originals and forget about getting them signed.