ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

final help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

obamaman
Newly Registered

final help please

Post by obamaman » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:48 am

i got citizenship approval on the 21/03/11.i physically got my paperwork on the 23rd of march.
My question/ problem is that we're moving house today and i am yet to recieve my invitation from either the HO nor the local council.
Who do i speak to? (HO or just my local council)?
what is the procedure if the letter is lost or if i am unable to recieve it? what are my options/solutions.
Also i have to quickly add that i am unavoidably due for a trip abroad in 3 weeks time.
Thanks for all your help.

khankhattak

Re: final help please

Post by khankhattak » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:52 am

obamaman wrote:i got citizenship approval on the 21/03/11.i physically got my paperwork on the 23rd of march.
My question/ problem is that we're moving house today and i am yet to recieve my invitation from either the HO nor the local council.
Who do i speak to? (HO or just my local council)?
what is the procedure if the letter is lost or if i am unable to recieve it? what are my options/solutions.
Also i have to quickly add that i am unavoidably due for a trip abroad in 3 weeks time.
Thanks for all your help.
redirect your mails to new address from royal mail
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

obamaman
Newly Registered

Post by obamaman » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:07 am

thanks for your prompt reply. most importantly thanks for your suggestion.
According to royal mail"We need 5 working days to set up a redirection. Please ensure that the requested start date is at least 5 working days from the day that you apply"

For those applying in the near future- save yourself the stress of waiting for your invitation letter by applying thru NCS.
Could anyone add to the above suggestion or share experience? what should i do in case i dont recieve my invitation for citizenship ceremony?

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:19 am

Ceremony invitation letter is not a recorded delivery. So it will be delivered just like any other normal post mail to your old address. You can check with the person occupying there now for your letter.

If the ceremony letter is not received after two weeks of the date mentioned in your approval letter, you can then call the HO number mentioned in the approval letter. They may issue a second one. But I am not sure they can issue it to any new address you mention.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:30 pm

Speak to your local post office, who should be able to hold your mail. Redirection is the way forward from there.
Best wishes

ABU
Newly Registered

hi

Post by ABU » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:32 pm

if have you made an appointment to attend ceremoney,i think you can call your local auth to check date and time and same time can request for letter to be sent on new address
, hope it will help

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Thats right, if you contact the Council, they can pass on the details to you as they would have got your certificate.
Best wishes

obamaman
Newly Registered

thanks guys

Post by obamaman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:27 pm

i was able to go on with my ceremony. I lost my initial invitation posted out to me but after establishing my identity by providing passport,Ho approval letter etc. they finally allowed me to carry on with the ceremony.
Thanks gidoc,ABU etc for your assistance.
Good luck to all. :D