ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding working hours changes for Tier 4 students

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amir90
Newly Registered

Query regarding working hours changes for Tier 4 students

Post by Amir90 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:18 am

Hi, my name is Amir Ullah, I am currently doing my CAT (accountant technician) course in Kaplan Financial (which is a private college), London. Yesterday I was made aware of the drastic changes that has been made on the Tier 4 as of 31st of March. As I was issued with my visa on December of 2009, my extension is due for the 14th of June this year.

As I am planning to extend my visa very soon, I am wondering if the new zero hour work policy be implemented on me after my visa has been renewed. If so, will it be from this year or coming April 2012? I have gone through the UKBA site quite a few times now and I wasn't able to clear myself of this dilemma. A reply on this forum will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Amir

sunmoon

Re: Work Permit changes for Tier 4 students

Post by sunmoon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:46 am

Amir90 wrote:Hi, my name is Amir Ullah, I am currently doing my CAT (accountant technician) course in Kaplan Financial (which is a private college), London. Yesterday I was made aware of the drastic changes that has been made on the Tier 4 as of 31st of March. As I was issued with my visa on December of 2009, my extension is due for the 14th of June this year.

As I am planning to extend my visa very soon, I am wondering if the new zero hour work policy be implemented on me after my visa has been renewed. If so, will it be from this year or coming April 2012? I have gone through the UKBA site quite a few times now and I wasn't able to clear myself of this dilemma. A reply on this forum will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Amir
it would be from summer this year.

sindhe1

re;

Post by sindhe1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:27 pm

I am in the same boat...But if u pay for 14 papers 4 acca,it wud b nqf level 7 and u dnt hv to do english test. N since kaplan is linked with uni and is highly trusted sponsor license,cnt u work 20hrs? Am stucked abt it..take care...dont no much abt cat.....

sunmoon

Re: re;

Post by sunmoon » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:14 am

sindhe1 wrote:I am in the same boat...But if u pay for 14 papers 4 acca,it wud b nqf level 7 and u dnt hv to do english test. N since kaplan is linked with uni and is highly trusted sponsor license,cnt u work 20hrs? Am stucked abt it..take care...dont no much abt cat.....
To reserve your 20hrs/week work entitlement you must be enrolled directly with any University not with a linked college (private colleges). Although it sounds unfair but its the reality at the moment.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:40 am

@sunmoon,the changes are for those who apply for extension/Ec since june...I think if u are a current student of a HTS then u preserve the right of 20 hrs work.Correct me if I am wrong.

sindhe1

re;work

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:10 am

at blackwater u do mk some sense...but at the other guy he may nt b wrong...nothing is cleared..n also thy can change for the better,it cud b a publicity stunt...so what the point of appyin for HTS(college) when their students cant work? damn !!!! correct me if am wrong...cos KAPLAN N LSBF ARE NOT UNI......

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:01 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s/sop4.pdf

It is for the NEW students,apply for extension before 21st April IF Posible,so the old rules apply wherein you can work 20 hrs/placement etc etc.

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Do you mean new students in uk or both uk/those one who r coming in? In my case,i have got extension in august and my college is nt in HTS yet...Can i still work 20hrs without my college being in HTS? Or just work till august 20hrs? This government is confusing the hell out of me..I wish labour was still here...And since im doing ACCA LEVEL 7,it says if u r going to uni..u dnt have to do english but what if am stuck with my private college in HTS OR WITHOUT....? it wud confuse u but thanks for participating...We r all human to help n wud help those who need me as well...

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:59 pm

We will restrict permission to work during
studies for new students, so that only students
at higher education institutions and publicly
funded further education colleges can do so,
retaining their current entitlement......Tell me what do u understand by that>

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:04 pm

What i cud understand is new students coming in wont be able to work except if they r going to uni n public institution,right? N also whether private colleges get their HTS license or not..we can still work 20hrs,depending if u r doing a course at level 6 or 7 and if less at level 5 maybe 10hrs n in some cases maybe u have to do english test b2....correct me pls if am wrong...

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: re;hi

Post by Aryan2013 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:56 pm

sindhe1 wrote:What i cud understand is new students coming in wont be able to work except if they r going to uni n public institution,right?
That's correct and same applies to the students, who will be extending their visa's.

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:00 pm

How can it be existing student? I have been here since 2003 and also am nt even under tier 4. what abt me doing extension in august?????

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Like i said,there wud b changes and also it applies to new student,except uni n p.school students and also those who r doing level 5 courses can work 10hrs n above level5 20hrs..its so confusing but lets see....its nt right time to ask a solicitor n the rector...i think a lot n i cnt get it wrong..i knw all the options etc....

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:12 pm

sindhe1 wrote:what abt me doing extension in august?????
Yes, you will fall under new rule!!

It might be a good idea, if you can extend your visa around June 2011.

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:18 pm

i can only apply by 7 of august...n also even if i fall under new rules,i can go to uni to be able to work 20hrs...N what abt kaplan n lsbf acca private college institutions? No1 knows for sure if u can work 20hrs o not,as certain big private ins..are linked up with uni, n also why wud all colleges ave to apply for HTS TO get foreign students but cant work...wait n see....all i know new students cnt work,except if thy r going to uni n public colleges...Like all indian doctors fight the home office and won,the same wud apply to colleges...no college wud b able to survived without their students working 20hrs..wait n see...

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:22 pm

its all to shw to uk public....things can get changed...even if private college doesnt get hts license,they wud still b open to let existing students to finish their courses,but cnt recruit foreign students..n my sources have it,they wud b link to uni,pay them and do uni courses, n acca etc...degree courses to get foreign students....

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:25 pm

i know u r not in uk,as the time shown etc...anyway it cud also b set up...im nt taking any advice from here...cos i listened to many people...but i like discussion...this is the way u know many things....no1 is so sure....i got mates who got mates who work as solicitors

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:34 pm

You are mistaken, everyone knows in black and white, come July 2011 and anyone applying for EC or LTR at private colleges will not be allowed to work!!!

I don't understand how come these private colleges are still able to mis-guide students(I'm assuming, they have told you that the situation is not clear w.r.t your working rights). It is crystal clear as I have stated before.

If college's want to go to court, that's their right, no one is stopping them.

You talking of College's going to court, I know personally few college Owner's/Director's, who did'nt even bother to take part in the student consultation.

I hope they must have learned their lesson's NOW.

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:40 pm

i agree with u,but nt 1 college wud tk them to the court,the masses...so why home office telling them to apply for hts? so u think all students rich to come to uk....no1 has fooled me but thngs wd change 4 the gud...

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Remember certain private colleges like kaplan n lsbf do degree courses,like acca...All colleges(private) rely on foreign students...If those colleges have to get hts n their students cant work,hw wud they survive? they wud hv to do smthing..Thnk abt the uk employers, the college n students...all of them can protest....

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:48 pm

sindhe1 wrote:i agree with u,but nt 1 college wud tk them to the court,the masses...so why home office telling them to apply for hts? so u think all students rich to come to uk....no1 has fooled me but thngs wd change 4 the gud...
HTS got nothing to do with working right!!!!

I agree, things will change for good, once all these private college's will close save few :)

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:57 pm

iAgree with u that hts got nothing to do with hts...but lets meet sm directors n solicitors to get mre and meantine read this :
retaining their current entitlements.
• We will only allow new students studying at
a higher education institution on a course on
NQF 7 / QCF 7 / SQCF 11 or above lasting 12
months or more to sponsor their dependants.
The dependants will be able to work

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:58 pm

i mean hts n work 20hrs :D

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:14 pm

sindhe1 wrote:iAgree with u that hts got nothing to do with hts...but lets meet sm directors n solicitors to get mre and meantine read this :
retaining their current entitlements.
• We will only allow new students studying at
a higher education institution on a course on
NQF 7 / QCF 7 / SQCF 11 or above lasting 12
months or more to sponsor their dependants.
The dependants will be able to work

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s/sop4.pdf

You need to read the above document very carefully and I quote "In this document “higher education institutionâ€

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:21 pm

yes i know all that,apart from changes,apply for uni or public shool...no choice..do u have a link for pblic school? so what u thinking to do? its nt fair for me,i got extension in august..wish its july 15...damn..help needed..but cnt give up...i never give up n i know what u saying is true n wat am reading as well but there wud b sm changes...trust me...