ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pay slips and P60s

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

positivesolitude

Pay slips and P60s

Post by positivesolitude » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:43 am

Dear All

We have an appointment with the Nationality checking service next week and some of the documents required are payslips and p60s.Does only the main applicant need to take them or if the dependant is working does the dependant need to show the payslips and p60s as well.1 of my payslip for 2010 and 1 p60 for the year 2008 is missing although I have the rest for the past 5 years.Any advise on this please?

Secondly I have had a couple of parking related fines for staying over the 2 hours period although I had paid for the 2 hour period but couldnt get back to my car on time and delayed by just 10-15 minutes.does this come under traffic offence please.I have called the councils and paid the fines within the 14 day period and didnt go to court.

Thanks

P

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:18 pm

i wonder why NCS is asking for payslips etc as this is not a requirement for the application.
Regarding parking fines, nothing needs to be declared.

NCS usually asks for 1.passport as evidence of residence 2.Life in UK test result 3. traffic offences which incur points on licence

best regards

John

Post by John » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:50 pm

We have an appointment with the Nationality checking service next week and some of the documents required are payslips and p60s
Who says that? That is, why are you saying that payslips and P60s are required for a Naturalisation application?
John

positivesolitude

Re:Payslips and P60s

Post by positivesolitude » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks for the replies...NCS have asked us for those documents when they sent a confirmation letter with the appintment data.They have given a list of documents to bring along.

Thank You

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:18 pm

In the event your passport is not enough to prove your residential requirements, only then will you have to provide employer related documents.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:24 am

Depends on who OP is.
If EEA citizen then NCS will need to establish whether OP has exercised treaty rights for 5 years prior obtaining PR status.
OP has not disclosed in his/her post under which route he/she applies.

John

Post by John » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:42 am

In an earlier topic the OP posted "Wp was granted on 23rd March 2005 in India and came to UK on 13th April 2005.", and there is also talk of a form SET(O) being submitted to get ILR.

Accordingly I just don't understand why P60s and payslips are required when applying for Naturalisation.

positivesolitude, are you reading the NCS guidance carefully? As pointed out by ukpl, some people will need to supply those documents, but not you.
John

london2009uk

Post by london2009uk » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:58 am

HI JOHN,

Recently got approved Naturalization (5 WP + 1 ILR) through postal. Earlier i was trying to book appointment with NCS and i was also asked same sort of documents mentioned in the above post. Also asked to bring many other irrelevant documents which never mentioned on home office document list.

When i pointed out to the NCS staff that she is asking the list of documents needed for ILR not for Naturalization she got bit annoyed and hurriedly kept the phone down.

As in my earlier post i mentioned NCS staff are not well trained to give specific advice depending on individual circumstances. Thats why i was obliged to send application through post and i was granted naturalization in 18 days (march 2011).

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:15 am

Thanks all,

Yes I was asked for all these documents.Is postal better than going through the NCS..

Thanks

london2009uk

Post by london2009uk » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:26 pm

positivesolitude

I was in the same situation and couldnt provide all the documents asked by the NCS staff so ended up sending directly by postal and luckily got approved sooner.

I noticed from the Naturalization Timeline that postal application applied in march and earlier been quicker.

Please read the Naturalization Timeline carefully and make your decision.

I would request the senior members to share there opinion on POSTAL or NCS.

positivesolitude Good luck with your application!!!!

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:36 pm

It all depends on which NCS you are using. Some NCS staff have been properly trained and some are just normal registrars who didnt get special training on Naturalisation applications. When I send my application around 3 weeks ago i contacted around 4 or 5 NCSs and all were telling me to bring p60 etc even i was applying under Spouse category. I wanted to keep my passport with me so I used NCS . I did not take my p60 etc or tax return and they accepted the application.

NCS is only good if you want to keep your passport

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:27 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:NCS is only good if you want to keep your passport
Because that's what they are for - they do not give any advice, they just photocopy one's documents and send it to UKBA.

BUT, whether it is worth to use them or not depends (IMHO) on the value of documents one has to send to UKBA.

When I applied with my OH, only our passports could be described as valuables (one already expired + another one in its last year and as we have our national IDs which we can use for travel within EEA, those 2 passports were "expendable" if worst happens, i.e. lost in post), the rest were some random documents easily recoverable (as bank statements, printscreens, bills, etc.). Paying £80 for NCS was just unjustifiable.

But, when I applied for our children (after getting my BC and PP), it was a different story: 2 newly aquired British PPs would have to be send plus 2 children passports plus born and marriage certificates for which ones I paid to get them in my native country and then to have them translated (£15 per document). As NCS fee was only £40 in total (i.e. including cost of delivery) and I would have to pay cca £15 for special delivery+ prepaid return special delivery envelope (plus happen to be at home to collect special delivery or have to go to collect it from quite distant Royal Mail center or pay again for redelivery to my local PO branch), it was a good trade to pay effectively cca £25 to keep our valuables with us and have all return collection problems sorted out.

positivesolitude

Thanks

Post by positivesolitude » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks everyone.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 pm

ukpl wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:NCS is only good if you want to keep your passport
Because that's what they are for - they do not give any advice, they just photocopy one's documents and send it to UKBA.
Not exactly true – they check application for missing information and can help to complete it with relevant and, most importantly, correct information. they also know (or should know!) which documents they need – I was clearly told that P60s and employment letter are not needed as my passports are enough evidence of residency and that ILR has different requirements so they understand why I brought extra evidence. The only thing that was taken from my P60 is the PAYE code which I wasn’t sure about and it was done by the NCS worker. She has also filled in their details so I can have ceremony at their premises, not at my local council. All in all I’m very impressed with their services.