ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mother's visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, Administrator

actuary

mother's visa

Post by actuary » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:50 am

Hi all,

My mother is trying to visit UK, I already have the sponsorship letter that I need from my end.

However, since she is a housewife, I was told that my father needs to write up a sponsorship letter too (confirming that she's his wife, he's sponsoring his tickets etc).

I am wondering if someone has a template that I can use?

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:53 pm

The only sponsorship letter she needs is from you stating that you will sponsor her visit to the UK and that you will maintain, accommodate and support her during her stay in UK. Furthermore you will ensure she will return back to her home country after the visit.

You do not not need anything from your father.

actuary

Post by actuary » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi BatleyKhan, In that case, what does my father needs to provide to prove he can support her trip (paying for the ticket, rest I will bear).

Alternately, since its only my mother's visa, does my father need to show any proof of his employment or finances to support the application? OR just a letter confirming she's his wife and will return back after the visit since she's a housewife here?

Sorry for being confused here.

Thanks

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:43 pm

Yes. You would need to show your dad's financial proof as your mother is financially dependent on him.

Your mother would need to provide documentary evidences (like savings, property, strong family bonds) to show that she has strong ties back in the home country.

you can check few other posts in this forum, where the applicant is a housewife.

All the best.
Cheers.
actuary wrote:Hi BatleyKhan, In that case, what does my father needs to provide to prove he can support her trip (paying for the ticket, rest I will bear).

Alternately, since its only my mother's visa, does my father need to show any proof of his employment or finances to support the application? OR just a letter confirming she's his wife and will return back after the visit since she's a housewife here?

Sorry for being confused here.

Thanks

actuary

Post by actuary » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Thanks guys, one last question. I am applying for my mother's visa since my wife is expecting. For accomodation, I am sending copies of my tenancy agreement and last council tax bill.

Also I am sending in copies of hospital appointment letters (+ GP letter confirming the pregnancies).

Would copies be acceptable (GP letter is the original) ?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:29 pm

actuary wrote:Also I am sending in copies of hospital appointment letters (+ GP letter confirming the pregnancies).

Would copies be acceptable (GP letter is the original) ?

Thanks
Why do you need to provide these? The applicant is visiting you - you don't need to prove a reason for the visit.

Also, if you submit such documents, the ECO may think that you are inviting your mother for the purpose of "child care". In other words, unpaid employment as "child minder" on a visit visa - which is not allowed.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

actuary

Post by actuary » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi, a couple of questions from the form:

1. Total monthly Income: The main applicant is my mother, and my father is writing up a letter confirming that he's willing to undertake the costs. Since, my mother is the main applicant and she's a housewife, what do we fill in this column?

2. Savings, property, shares etc: The same as above?

3. In the last two years has the relative that you are staying with sponsored anyone else’s visit to the UK?: I have sponsored my wife, however my father's visa was rejected where I offered to pay his costs. I assume, that doesn't require mentioning in this right? since its only who have actually got sponsored?

Thanks