ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa waiting times in Rio / Brazil ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

quixote44
Newly Registered

Settlement visa waiting times in Rio / Brazil ?

Post by quixote44 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:43 pm

Hello, At the start of March 2006 we were quoted 6 to 8 weeks for a fiance visa (VAF2) to be processed.

Has anyone any recent experience of getting a settlement visa in Rio ? Are their estimates accurate ?

Thanks

quixote44
Newly Registered

Post by quixote44 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:43 pm

I'm now in a position to answer my own question, so I post it here just incase the information could be of use to someone else.

My fiancee was called exactly 7 weeks and one day after making the application. She was told the visa was granted and she went straight there that day to pick it up. So the initial estimate of 6 to 8 weeks proved to be good.

During the wait I sent 3 short emails requesting progress information. They were promptly and politely, and very professionally answered. I get the impression the consulate staff are well educated and very professional.

However of my fiancees 3 emails in Portuguese, asking for progress info, 2 of them received no reply. I guess they are routed to locally hired staff who are less diligent .... anyway it all turned out well in the end.